The Sharpest Lives

"How'd it go?" Frank questioned both Gerard and Ms Way as they stepped into the house.

"It went alright, I suppose. He'll be going twice a week for now," Ms Way smiled at the short emo and left the pair of boys alone, stood in front of the goddamn door.

"How was it?" Frank turned to Gerard, knowing that, although his mother cared, she wouldn't necessarily know if it actually went well. Gerard remained silent, giving Frank a simple shrug before pulling off his jacket and hanging it on the hook next to the door rather unceremoniously. "Ok... Well, if you feel like talking, you know where to find me..." The shorter of the two trailed of, catching Gerard's eye before swiftly turning and retreating back to his bedroom.

Gerard took a step forward, wanting nothing more than to follow Frank and talk to him for hours on end, but... He couldn't. He wouldn't. Physically, maybe he could, but he wouldn't allow himself. If he did, he would say too much. He would tell him about therapy, he would tell him what Bert did, and he would tell him the truth about how he felt.

He couldn't do that. It would ruin everything.

Frank would try to get Bert in trouble and inevitably end up getting hurt, not to mention the fact that if Gerard told Frank how he felt, it would change everything. For all he knew, Frank was just tolerating him for a place to stay... He probably hated him...

No. Frank didn't hate him. He had said many times that he cared.

Gerard pushed the dark, depressive thoughts from his mind and made his Way past Frank's bedroom and into his own.

He hated it in there. Everything reminded him of Bert and what had been done in there that day, but he attempted to conceal those thoughts and simply focus on closing his eyes and allowing himself to take a deep breath.

He sat on his bed, mind wandering in every direction at once, but honing in on hunger as his stomach let out a low growl. He hadn't had proper food since before the 'incident,' just the occasional snack here and there to keep him from passing out. He stood and went to the bathroom, closing the goddamn door behind himself, and looked in the mirror.

He cast his gaze up and down, taking in every aspect. He hadn't looked at himself properly in a mirror for some time, and it was a real wake up call. He looked like shit.

His face was pale- paler than usual, that is- and his eyes seemed to have abandoned any light that had previously been in them. They were dull, and there were obvious dark bags beneath them. He saw his cheeks, which had shrunken slightly due to his lack of food, and even his lips seemed light and chapped.

He looked down at his body and the way his jeans just barely clung to his waist, and the way his shirt dangled off his shoulders. He lifted his shirt, somewhat surprised at how visible his ribs and hip-bones were. He looked...-

He couldn't even find the right word to describe it- he was thin, and pale, and...

He stopped his train of thought. There was no use in judging himself further. He sat down on the bathroom floor, ignoring the nagging ache in his stomach. He was hungry, but he couldn't physically bring himself to eat. He knew that anything he tried to stomach would just come back up. It wasn't worth the trouble.

He didn't know how long he sat there, but he should have figured that at some point someone else would need to use the bathroom. He heard the knob twist, not bothering to move as there was no real point in it anyway.

The door was pushed open, revealing a slightly startled Frank, "Gerard? Why are you sat on the bathroom floor?"

The red-haired boy didn't answer, but offered a slight chuckle as he gazed up at his friend.

"Just... C'mon Gee..." Frank held out his hand to Gerard, helping the thin boy to his feet. He noticed Gerard's lack of balance, and in turn how easy it was to pull him from the floor. He glanced down slightly before reaching out and running a tentative hand over Gerard's face, "You're so thin... I-" he cut himself on, opting for simply taking Gerard's hand and leading them out of the bedroom and down the hall.

They didn't stop at one of their bedrooms, as Gerard had expected. No, Frank led him to the front door and handed him his coat as he put one on himself. Frank led him outside and the pair started down the road- one with filled with determination and the other relying on trust.

---

They walked for probably only twenty or so minutes, Gerard wondering where they could possibly be going. Eventually, Frank stopped. In front of a graveyard.

"I know, you're probably like 'why the fuck did he bring me here?' But I have my reasons..." Frank started, leading Gerard inside and towards the back left corner near a large tree. "Since you won't open up to me, or trust me, or even talk to me, I'm going to do that for you. So, this is me opening up, ok?" Gerard stared back at him, an unreadable expression on his face. Shock, perhaps? Fear?

Frank stopped in front of a simple headstone that was just to the right of the tall oak tree, "Two years ago, I lost my best friend. Two years ago, my life was completely shattered. Two years ago, I hated the world and everything in it. Two years ago, I wanted to commit suicide."

Gerard sucked in a harsh breath, not expecting anything that had just rolled off Frank's tongue. Frank simply continued staring down at the grave in front of them, the one that read~

'Jimmy Urine
September 7, 1998 - March 22, 2013
A caring boy that passed before his time, may he rest in peace...'

Frank suddenly broke the silence, "Three months ago, my life started to make sense again. Three months ago, I started to see beauty in things again. Three months ago, I actually wanted to wake up in the mornings as opposed to wishing I would die in my sleep. Three months ago, I met you." Gerard glanced up and met Frank's gaze, hardly believing the words he was being met with. Had he really changed Frank? Had he actually been able to help him?

Gerard wiped a stray tear as he reached out to touch the sleeve of Frank's jacket, but was soon embraced in a tight hug instead.

"One week ago," Frank whispered into the crook of Gerard's neck, "I realized I had fallen in love with a boy who had firetruck red hair."

There were no more words spoken between them, just the warmth shared in their tight embrace. They were alone together, dancing to the beat of their hearts. They stood for what felt like an eternity before Frank pulled away slightly and met Gerard's lips with his own.

Gerard didn't pull away. They moved in sync, losing track of time and the world around them, their emotions mixing together as they became like a single person.

This was only broken when the silence was broken by four simple words.

They pulled apart briefly, just long enough for a simple 'I love you, too...' to fall from Gerard's lips.

***

Ok, first things first-

This story has over 4k views and like 450 votes and that literally makes me so excited like omfg people actually like this shit :))))))

You're all amazing and beautifully lovely btw :3

In celebration of 4k views, here's a bit of frerard for ya :')

Love you guys so freaking much

Merci pour le Venin...