The Dusk and Dawn Meet

"It's been months!" Kyler said after dropping his body on the white sheet that carried his body as if it was ready to take the weight of the body any moment soon.

"Yes, it's good to be back," Reighn said as she seated herself on the chair near the window, looking at the town that's been deserted. It has been months since the war has been going on and the tables aren't even turning to either side. As if it was very much like to a standstill.

"But man, so much had happened to us." Kyler looked up at the ceiling, trying to remember the events that happened before they were transported back to Myrrh's castle.

After Alex had been freed, he helped Snow - also known as Yoru in the castle -  to subdue the dragoon army of the humans. It wasn't over in an instant and the three young ones provided support at their back. They saw the similarities of power and skill that X have on Alex. It was frightening that Alex has more power than X, and he has not regained all of his former abilities.

Yoru on the other hand skillfully killed everything in sight. He killed those controlled dragons and its rider cleanly in half using only thin threads that you can't even see if you don't concentrate your eyes on his arms.

"Alex, he actually resembled the boy we are seeing in our dreams." And most of the memories from their previous life had returned to them. But some fragments are still missing and they feel a large gaping hollow left them.

"It's really weird, though." Kyler stood up and joined Reighn looking at the town in the window of her room. Reighn looked at the elf with the question. "How many fragments of memory are there? And what would happen if those fragments are complete?"

"No one still knows." Alex opened the door and answered Kyler's question. They both looked at him and X and Yoru on his side. "But, I know the person who lost all his memories back in my world." The soft-voiced boy looked down as if he remembered something.

"You know him personally?" Yoru just looked at Kyler who seems to be interested in a story.

"You see, Alex and the Leader actually loved each other back then." Alex looked shocked at Yoru who is now sneering a laugh at Alex.

"Don't start," Alex said to Yoru who raised both of his hands while trying to keep his laugh from bursting out.

"But it's the truth, though." And they all felt a shadow magic from the wall and it opened a door like a gate and a few people managed to get out from there. Alex and the rest were surprised to see another red haired boy coming out and it somehow resembled Alex in a way. But this one had a hard toned face compared to the innocent complexion that Alex had.

"They really are all here!" Rafaeil shouted and hovered around in his small cat form. Something hinted Kyler that something was different with the group.

"It seems that there are a lot of changes and an addition to the group." X commented after seeing the shadow gate closed. He looked at the two dragon folk at the back of the group. He also noticed that Thirdy's eyes are bandaged though he isn't sure why.

"It's five months!!" Raphael mentioned to the group as he changed from his cat form into his human kid. That made Reighn and Kyler looked with curiosity. The other group also looked like they were questioning theirs.

"What do you mean years? We were apart only for eight months!" Reighn stood up from her chair, looking at the group and then shifting her eyes to X, who only confirms that they were apart for eight months.

"It's five months since we were apart. I confirmed it every time we are in a town trying to find a way back here." Thirdy steps up that made Kyler irritated.

"So you are saying that we were wrong?" He retorted.

"Stop everyone." The boy with red short and trimmed hair stood in the middle. "The reason why there are discrepancies on each group's timeline is that you were actually separated in a different dimension at one point." And then he looked at Alex. "Is that right? Mr. Terrarossa?" The boy's manner of speaking changed from being hardy to a gentleman's way of speaking in an instant.

"Yes, that is right. Erwin." Alex explained how the timelines were changed. It was because the time that is needed to break him and Erwin from the eternal sleep was to distort the time lines a little so that a dimension can be opened. Yoru added that the real time that had passed was actually a year. He then gave the group a newspaper that shows that it had really been a year and the war is still on-going.

"So that's why the capital is empty. The Non-humans are actually trying to defend themselves by covering the borders with their small populations." Kry said after letting go of Hopes' hand.

"Who are you?" Kyler asked in a rude tone.

"My name is Kry and this is Hope. We also carry a memory like you. And if you can't see, we are actually dragons." Kry replied in a much ruder tone which made Kyler ticked and he released his bow but was stopped by X who released an aura of fear. It also made Kry and Hope alert.

"Kyler, you started, you better own it up." And Kyler just looked away and took his bow and arrows back to his body. "Sorry for that. Kry was it? You see, we are just a damaged being after we got separated with each other." X apologized.

"No harm done, we are, after all, I too am, a damaged beings, that is why I can understand." X noticed that the dragon boy looked away after touching his own hands. X didn't bother asking something about it, but he felt fear and sadness through him.

"Yoru, is the war still going?" Erwin asked the man with white hair and playful visage.

"Yes, and the leaders are not doing anything about it. Except, of course, Master Gilliam and Reon."

"I see, that Gilliam bastard is still alive. After what he had done back home." Erwin tried to smile despite being so irritated and angry after hearing the name.

"Well, after all, he does hate humans." Yoru sneered a smile again. "By the way, what was your story again?" Alex and Erwin, both looked at Yoru that made the teenagers in the room looked curious. "Is it true that you were both in love back then?"