Needy Blu

Blu

"Come with me." He asked of me. I looked up at him, my drunken sleep feeling disappearing.

"That's too much to ask Matthew. You just told me about your past. I'm not going to jump head first into this, so neither do you have too. We aren't dating anymore. I have no reason to come." I said and he shook his head.

"Thank God, I don't even know why I asked." He said breathing a sigh of relief. He caught sight of my sour expression.

"It's not like that Blu. I'm sorry. I just don't want you to be left here thinking about me, so I offered it up for you to come. But in all honesty I'm scared to take you." He spoke and I shook my head.

"Okay. I understand you don't want me to meet your friends here or there." I said and he raked his hand through his hair.

"Blu, goddamn it all we do is fight lately. I don't even have friends here. I just want you to hear me out. I'm not trying to push you away, but I always do by saying stupid shit I don't even fucking mean. You are just moving in that direction, farther away from me." He replied and I started to collect my things.

"Goodbye, Matthew." I said kissing his cheek. "I hope you find what you're looking for." I added stroking his cheek with my thumb.
*************

Matthew

As I'm waiting in the airport, pacing the floor. They finally called my number. I grabbed my things and boarded the plane. Alone.

When I get back (if I come back) she isn't going to talk to me. She'll have probably forgotten who I am. Her new boyfriend will be just like her, rich. She'll have moved on like I asked. This is what I want, I think. It makes this ride easier to follow.

The plane ride was solemn and boring, she wasn't there flashing funny faces at me every time I would wake up from drifting off. I didn't feel her little head resting on my shoulder or her giggles. She wasn't there to smack my arm when I cussed at the flight attendant for spilling my drink on me.

Matthew. Stop thinking about her. You can't even say her name, you're using fucking pronouns. Let it go. Let her go.

"Scotty!" My old friend, Trevor yelled to me. He was the only friend I had left before I fled. I called him up and asked him to come get me from the airport.

"Hey man." I greeted him and he showed me to his car. "It's good to have you back. The parties got so fucking whack after you disappeared. I haven't seen any good molly since you left. I bet those Americans love you. Nobody even talks about what happened a few years ago. They actually caught the real guy." He told me and I shifted in my seat.

"Seriously?! My grandmother never told me that." I said and he cleared his throat.

"She's really sick dude. You should go visit her while you're here." He said calmly. He must have remembered my escalating, uncontrollable temper.

"Don't worry, dude. I'm better now, I'm only back to avoid stuff back in a Anerica and you're just the man I knew to hit up." I said.

"Scotty, there's a huge boat party tomorrow. All the babes you can imagine will be there, hopefully I can get some coke from my dealer." He replied.

"Sign me up, but first can you take me to her nursing home?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Anything for you mate." He spoke and I laughed. We pulled up less than 10 minutes later.

"I'm here to see Rose." I told the woman across the counter. She gave me a dirty look.

"She's over there." She pointed her finger with a bad attitude. I flicked her off and walked over to my grandmother.