It'll Suit You

Marlena pushed the hotel room door open and very groggily wandered inside, not even bothering to worry about the two carrying luggage behind her. She dragged herself over to the queen-sized bed by the window and fell face first, groaning at the slight pain that had erupted in her spine. They had arrived in Brooklyn about a half hour ago and had arrived at their hotel about ten minutes ago. Miranda had made reservations for them to stay at the Hotel Indigo, one of Brooklyn's finest hotels. Their room was among the nicest of the rooms the hotel had to offer, and Marlena had originally been more than ecstatic to see it, but she was much too tired to even think properly.

The door to the hotel room burst open, revealing Bucky and Hallie. Marlena stayed where she was, ignoring Hallie's protests and Bucky's annoyed sighs. Being stuck in a car for almost six hours with the two of them was quite possibly the worst thing Marlena had ever endured, and it was also why she was so dangerously tired.

The entire ride was filled with Hallie asking Bucky question after question, some ranging from where he was from to what his blood type was or why Marlena was helping him in the first place. It had annoyed Marlena to the point of almost telling Hallie the real truth of why she was helping him; the only thing revealed was that he had amnesia, which wasn't a complete lie. Marlena thought Hallie would stop harassing Bucky after that, but it only got worse. The blonde thought it would be fun to take advantage of Bucky's so-called amnesia, despite Marlena's countless protests for her to stop.

"Get up, loser," Hallie commanded Marlena. "We've got a city to explore."

"Then go explore it," Marlena grumbled into her pillow.

Hallie sighed and yanked lightly on her arm. Normally she would have just yanked her out of the bed and onto the floor, but because of her back injury she wouldn't do such a thing. She'd feel bad for hurting her. "Marbles, get up," Hallie whined, only to receive another groan in response. Hallie rolled her eyes and looked over to Bucky. "James, could you possibly manage to get her up?"

Bucky shrugged and walked over, kneeling down beside the bed. "Marlena, please get up. How are you gonna help me if you're sleeping?"

Marlena's head shot up and she glared at Bucky. "Are you trying to guilt trip me, Barnes?" Bucky only smirked, and Marlena rolled her eyes before carefully sitting up. "You two are the very bane of my existence," she grumbled as she strolled over to her suitcase. "I'm gonna put on some decent clothes and then we can go."

"Don't worry. She's always crabby when she's tired," Hallie told Bucky.

"I'm well aware of that," Bucky replied.

"Screw you both for not letting me sleep," Marlena grumbled.

"What can I say? Team work makes the dream work," Hallie chimed as she held her fist out to Bucky.

She would never admit it to Marlena, but during the six hours she spent bantering with him, she grew to rather like his personality. Her instincts still told her he was dangerous and that he was not to be messed with, but for now she wouldn't focus on that. She didn't want to spend a once in a lifetime trip worrying about Bucky and how potentially dangerous he was, especially when he wasn't posing as a threat to her or Marlena.

"Do you want me to hit your fist?" Bucky asked as he eyed Hallie's fist curiously.

"Oh, I forgot you're an amnesiac," Hallie chuckled.