Chapter 12

I sit in my living room with Felis curled up in my lap. It's been a week since I had left him outside for two days and I still feel terrible. How could I forget the one being that depends on me for everything. I'm a terrible Master. I only had him for one day and I forgot him. I put my face in my hands and take a deep breath. 'You can't lose it Bill. Felis is counting on you. But why? He saw how terrible of a Master you were when you left him outside with no food for two days. How are you that irresponsible?' I'm taken from my thoughts when I feel a nose pressing against my hands trying to move them.
I set my hands down and am met by the happy face of my pet. I give a small smile but Felis sees right through it. He begins to meow at me and rub his head against my hands, chest, and face. I give a small laugh. My little boy is trying to cheer me up.
I give a real smile and pet behind his ears.

"Daddy needs to cheer up doesn't he?"

Felis gives a small chirp and jumps off my lap and runs out of the room. I sit back with a confused look but smile when he runs back in with the laser pointer in his mouth.

"My little boy wants to play doesn't he?"

Felis puts the laser pointer in my lap and wiggles around. I laugh and pick it up.

"Then let's play."

I turn the pointer on and move the red dot around the room and laugh as I watch Felis chase after it.

~

I don't like seeing Master sad, it makes me sad. I forgave him for leaving me outside but he hasn't forgiven himself and it makes me sad.
I've made sure that I'm constantly with Master but he still doesn't seem happy. I give a sigh and look up seeing that Master has his face in his hands. I fold my ears back and flick my tail. Master should not feel sad and it's my job to make Master happy. I sit up and try to nuzzle his hands away. When Master puts his hands down my ears perk up and I wiggle around a bit. Master gives me a fake smile and I don't like it. I rub my face against Master trying to cheer him up.
I hear a small laugh and am pet behind my ears.

"Daddy needs to cheer up doesn't he?"

I chirp and jump off Masters lap. I got Master to laugh. Now if I can get him to play.
I doesn't take long until I find my favorite toy. I quickly pick it up and run back to Master.

"My little boy wants to play doesn't he?"

I set the toy in lap and wiggle around. If I can get Master to play he'll feel better.

"Then let's play."

Master makes the red dot appear and I instantly jump after it. I can never catch the red dot but that doesn't stop me.
I can hear Master laughing as I try to get the dot and I begin to purr. Master feels better. I'm a good boy.