Chapter 152.

"Can I use your phone to try to call him?" I ask Zed.

He removes one hand from the steering wheel to dig into his pocket for his phone. We are only about ten minutes away from the apartment and I am beginning to panic over Hardin's reaction to Zed driving me home. I keep trying to force myself to sober up but it doesn't work that way. I am a lot less intoxicated than I was an hour ago but I am still drunk.

"Here..shit it's dead." He says, pressing the button on the top revealing an empty battery symbol.

"It's okay." I shrug. Calling Hardin from Zed's phone probably isn't the best idea I have had anyway.

Not as bad as my idea to kiss a random guy in front of Hardin, but still not a good one.

"What if he isn't here?" I say.

"You have a key don't you?"

"No.. I didn't think I would need one."

"Oh.. well if he isn't here then I can take you somewhere else.. or  you could stay with me. Just for tonight..if you want." He offers.

Hardin would literally murder him if he found me at Zed's apartment. When we arrive to the apartment, Zed parks the car and I scan the parking lot for Hardin's car. It is parked in his usual spot, thank god. I have no idea what I would have done if he wasn't here. Zed gets out of the car with me and insists on walking me up. As much as I think that will not end well, I don't know if I am capable of getting myself up to the apartment alone in my intoxicated state.

Damn Hardin for leaving me at that party.

Damn me for being an impulsive idiot.

Damn Zed for being so sweet and fearless when he shouldn't be.

Damn Washington for being so damn cold.

When we reach the elevator my head begins to pound along with my heart. I need to go over what I am going to say to Hardin, he is going to be so mad at me and I need to think of a good way to apologize without using sex.  I am not used to being the one to apologize for anything because he is always the one who messes up, this doesn't feel good at all, this feels terrible.

We walk down the hallway and I can't help but feel as if we are preparing to walk the plank. I just don't know whether it will be Zed or myself that sinks down into the water.

"This is it." I swallow and knock on the door.

Zed stands a few feet behind me as we wait for the door to open. This was a terrible idea, I should have just stayed at the party.

I knock again, this time louder. 

What If he doesn't answer?

What if he took my car and isn't even here? I didn't think of that.

"If he doesn't answer can I go to your place?" I try to hold my tears back.

I don't want to stay at Zed's and make Hardin even more upset with me but he hasn't left me with another option.

What If he doesn't forgive me? I can't be without him. I have been through an emotional hell for him so he has to forgive me. Zed's hand touches my back and he rubs up and down to soothe me. I can not cry, I need to be calm when he answers.. if he answers.

"Of course." Zed finally answers.

"Hardin! Please open the door." I quietly beg and rest my forehead against the door.

I don't want to yell and cause a scene at nearly two in the morning, our neighbors probably have issues with us yelling enough already.

"I guess he's not going to answer." I sigh and lean up.