Chapter 25 Revelations: Part 1

O.k ppl, sorry for the long wait, but i wanted to upload two chapters at once, i had done this one a few days back but i didnt want to put it up untill i had the other one complete too. See how much I care about my readers lol. I hope you enjoy both these chapters, because i had to dig very deep to write them, the editing alone was a big strain. I dont have lots of time nowadays so i hope u guys will forgive the few mistakes that have been overlooked, although i hope i have them all weeded out, but i am human, so who knows, if you find anything dont hesitate in telling me.

PLZ DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ON BOTH THE CHAPTERS IF YOU LIKE THEM, I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET AND I LOVE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU GUYS.

CHAPTER 25:

“Ye look lovely in the McLaughlin colours, Lady Sarah.”

Sarah smiled.

It was funny how the people in the Middle Ages often referred to her as lovely or beautiful. She had never heard those adjectives before when it came to her.

Only a month ago she had dreaded looking in the mirror for fear of seeing someone who was perhaps twenty pounds too big. Now however she was beginning to get more comfortable in her own skin. Sure she still had her bad days, quite a few of them actually, culminating in all her insecurities about her body and her weight resurfacing, but she was also beginning to have her good days.

Those gradually increasing days when Sarah felt like she wasn’t such a minger after all.

“Thank You, Megan.” Sarah said, glancing at the maid standing by the door.

She didn’t have a mirror so she couldn’t actually verify if she did indeed look “Lovely” or not, but she decided to believe Megan.

After all she felt fresh and rejuvenated.

Megan had come into the room an hour ago, gently waking her from her deep slumber, and in that time; she had helped her out of bed, lit a fire in the fireplace and provided her with a means to get rid of all the dust and grime that she had acquired over the gruelling journey here. Megan had arranged for a vat of steaming hot water to be brought in from the kitchens.

The men who had carried it up to Iain’s room had placed it next to the fireplace and exited the room without so much as a glancing in Sarah’s direction. But Sarah was used to that, it was no different in Bromwick.

She had soaked in the water for almost half in hour, until it had started to get too cold for her. This time however, Sarah hadn’t let Megan bathe her like an invalid the way Glenda did; she had politely taken the soap from the maids hand and scrubbed herself vigorously. Megan did lodge a mild protest but Sarah managed to convince her otherwise.

Sarah had made a definite decision to not live like she had in Bromwick; she was intent on making herself useful.

She had however grudgingly allowed Megan to help her with the clothes, this one time, until she got a hang of it herself.

The good thing was that they were no where near as colourful or extravagant as the gowns she had worn in England and they were a damn sight more comfortable too.

Sarah liked the fact that she only wore a simple linen kirtle as an undergarment, with a yellowish woollen dress over it. It provided her with ample mobility, it was lighter too, a lot less cumbersome. Granted the ensemble wasn’t eye-catching or vibrant by any stretch of the imagination but by this point in time Sarah was pretty sick of all things loud and gaudy. Fortunately, the McLaughlin plaid which Megan had shown her how to don over the dress made up for any deficiencies.