Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Life

Remember me? I'm Bailey, the one who got pregnant at 17 by a gang member I love. He's 18 and can be a jerk, but he's a great father and loves his two kids Jason and Isabella very much. Here's another story of our last year in high school.

Marco's P.O.V*

Bailey blew out her birthday candles with a smile. It wasn't a big party, with just her friends and closest family. I held Jason and Bella in my arms, struggling a little because of their wiggling. Mrs. Hartlem, Bailey's mom, took out the candles and placed them on a napkin. Bailey came over to me and took Jason, relieving me some. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and watched Mrs. Hartlem cut the cake so everyone could get a piece. My cell rang and I took it out to answer it. It was Chase calling.

I was just about to answer it when Bailey snatched it away. I gave her a confused look and she just frowned.

"You promised no calls on my birthday. Just you, me, the kids, and my birthday party."

"But..." I started.

"You promised."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine." She began to shut it off and I groaned. Hopefully it was nothing important.

We put the twins down for a nap and ate our cake. After, Bailey opened presents. She loved every single one of them, especially the one from me. It was a simple locket with a picture of the four of us inside. She gave me a hug and kiss after thanking me so many times. I've been able to afford a lot more things with my new job. An old man at a corner store had experience with people like me. People who are always up to no good, or end up having kids young. I'm grateful for my job, and never risk being late.

Soon, everyone was gone, leaving the Hartlem's, me, and the twins. Bailey was sitting on the couch feeding Bella, and I played with Jason.

"Do you feel any different?" I asked her.

"Besides being a new mom, no. I feel the same as before. Why, should I?"

"No, just wondering."

"Did you feel any different?"

"I felt annoyed because I was grounded. Other than that, no."

It came night time, and I put the twins down. Luckily, they were tired at the time. I came from the nursery and went to Bailey's room. She was just putting on her pajamas, her back to me. I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"They're asleep." I told her.

"Okay."

"Ya know, we haven't slept together since the twins were born. That's a little long for me. So tomorrow do you want to come over to my place? We can get your mom to baby sit."

"I'm nervous. I'm afraid I'll get pregnant again. I want more kids in the future, but that's way into the future. I guess I just want to wait a while."

"It's been a while! Come on, I'm dying! Give me something."

"If you love me, you'll wait." I groaned and stripped down to my underwear.

"You had to pull that didn't you? Is this supposed to be a test?"

"No. It's what I want us to be. In love. I don't want you to want me for sex? I want you to love me and care for me."

"I do. I honestly do. I'm not going anywhere."

I climbed into bed, and Bailey came after. I wrapped an arm around her and held her close.