Chapter 8

Over the past week things got better for me. Mel and I grew closer, I started making some friends at school, and today I decided to tell Lana and Fred that I am their daughter. It's a risky thing to do, and I know that, but I have to tell them, even if I'm scared to do so. I walk into their bedroom and sit down in between them. I know they're okay with it, seeing that I've grown so close with them that they concider me to be their child. Which is logical, since I am their child. "hey Jackie, are you okay?" Lana asks and I nod. "We need to talk" I say, and I can see that Fred and Lana notice it's something serious. They frown concerned. "What's wrong?" I take a deep breath, taking the document from my pocket which confirmed that they're my biological parents and just give it to them. They take it confused and open it. I look away, scared of their reaction. Suddenly they pull me into a tight hug, and we just cry together for a while. After we finished crying they decide to ask me questions. "Jackie... How did you find out?" Lana asks softly, and I tell them how I used Lana's DNA to compare it to mine. We talk about a lot of things that day. My childhood, my parents, how they'd make sure that my parents couldn't take me away from them anymore.. We told Jack, Matt and Pat that I'm their lost sister, and they were very happy to hear that I was back. For the first time in a long time I was home. I was where I belonged. That night we decides to celebrate. We ordered pizza and watched 'inside out' together. Suddenly we heard the doorbell ring. We knew it were my parents to pick me up. I look at Lana in horror. "What are we going to tell them?" I ask. Fred tells me he'll take care of it and walks to open the door. Suddenly I hear lots of yelling. I'm pretty sure he told them that I'm his daughter, not theirs. Suddenly I get scared.. But as I feel Lana hugging me I start feeling safe again.

I'm home now, with my parents and my brothers who are the greatest of friends...