Prologue

(1936)

"Philip! Philip!" she screamed and looked around the battlefield for her lover.
he looked up when he heard her screaming and saw her standing, dressed like a soldier boy with her hair cut short. it looked good on her.
she saw him and started running towards him, but a young soldier stopped her.
"stop! where are you going? you're supposed to stay with me", he said.
"I just... just need to go somewhere", she replied and tried to push him away.
he grabbed her arm. "sir Harington, you can't just go away!" he looked at the shorter person for a second. "wait, are you even a guy?"
"no, I'm miss Harington, the girlfriend of mr. Lombard", she said and walked away.
the soldier threw her on the ground and pulled her with him. "you're a woman, it's not safe her for you", he said.
"no, I won't allow you to take me from him!" she yelled and grabbed her gun and hit him hard against the head.
he let go of her and fell on the ground, not moving anymore.
she looked at the body of the soldier who tried to save her and started panicking.
"Maureen!" Philip screamed and ran towards her. he hugged her. "are you okay?" he asked.
she hugged him back and started crying. "I killed him, he died", she said.