A Month To Live (18)

I got out of the shower and quickly opened the window to let the steam out. I would have done it before, but I’m one of those paranoid people who think that a peeping tom is outside watching. You never know who could be sitting up in the trees with a pair of binoculars.

I dried myself off and treated myself to Remi's moisturer once more. Smelling a lot nicer than before, I threw on the fresh clothes she'd lent me to lounge about in for the rest of the day and wiped the mirror.

'Hmm,' I murmured, rifling through the cabinet for a spare toothbrush. Surprisingly, I found about twenty of them. Must've been on sale. There was no other logical explanation, unless Remi had a side business selling sharpened toothbrush shivs.

When I was finished, I began towel drying my hair vigorously, intent on finding a comb in Remi's bedroom. I almost walked into Bradley and jumped back in surprise.

‘Holy-' I began, resting my hand over my heart. 'Why are you lingering outside the bathroom?’ I demanded, glaring at him suspiciously.

He scowled before replying. ‘I wasn't trying to spy,' he protested, correctly reading my face. 'I ran out of razors,’ he explained, rubbing his hand along his jaw rightly. I noticed the stubble there and resisted the urge to sigh. He looked even hotter than usual with stubble. It was unfair.

I shook it off. Come on, Raegan. Control.

'Are you... going into Remi’s bathroom to borrow one of her razors?’ I said slowly as his words finally reached my sluggish brain. My eyes lit up with joy as I considered the amount of jokes this could supply me with.

He brushed past me in an agitated manner and I laughed at him.

'Tell anyone about this and I swear to God that I will skin you alive,’ he grumbled. I threw the damp towel at his head to annoy him more.

‘I don’t believe in God,’ I said after a moment, moving out of the doorway and snatching up a comb from Remi's dresser. I was pretty sure Bradley and Remi weren't religious either but it was hard to tell these days.

I grinned as I returned to the bathroom and saw Bradley unwrapping a bright pink razor. He was such a manly guy that the very feminine packaging looked quite out of place in his hands. He shot me a dark look and I held my hands up innocently.

‘I am not even going to comment,’ I smiled.

I pushed him out of the way so I could look in the mirror. It had fogged up again and I quickly wiped it away and began disentangling my hair swiftly.

‘Your hair is really dark when it’s wet,’ Bradley commented from his perch on the edge of the bathtub.

‘Everyone’s hair is darker when it’s wet, doofus,’ I said with an eye roll.

‘Yours is especially dark. Almost black,’ he said, getting up and scrunching up the packaging in his hands.

I pressed my foot down on the pedal to the trash can and he tossed it in.

‘Score.'

‘You were like, a foot away so don’t be too proud,’ I snorted, parting my hair.

‘Be quiet young one,’ he said, stifling a yawn.

‘I’m eighteen not twelve,’ I replied. ‘How can you still be tired after the amount of sleep you got?’ I asked.

Bradley had only just woken by the looks of it. His shirt was wrinkled but it didn't matter, he could wear anything and he'd probably still look hot. He could also just wear nothing and definitely look hot. His hair had the whole sexy-messy thing going on - when I woke up, mine just looked plain awful.