Training with the Enemy

"I was beginning to worry you guys wouldn't find the place." Jeremy looked around the room "What the hell...?" Matt kept the scowl on his face "Did you kill all these people?"

Klaus smirked "Not exactly. They're in transition." He then spoke to Jeremy "Killing them is your job." Both Jeremy, Matt and Valerie look at Damon.

"You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way!" Damon sighed "Well, I thought about it, and then I realized his idea was better." Klaus smiles, and Jeremy stares at Damon in disbelief and some of the bodies start to move.

"No way. I'm not doing this." Klaus smirked yet again "What makes you think you have a choice?" Damon sighed "You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on."

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Damon huffed out "Jeremy, they're not people." Valerie turned to them. "I'll do it."

Klaus shook his head "Enough! Jeremy, Have at it, or else." Jeremy scowled "I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy drops a stake. "Hunters can't be compelled." Klaus laughs and walks up to Jeremy "You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them."

They look at the vampires who are currently in transition; a few compelled humans are feeding them their blood. "I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill Matt."

Damon sighed and turned to Jeremy "go get the weapons." Jeremy and Matt went to leave as Valerie turned to Klaus, outraged. She lifted her crossbow. "Fine, if you're going to risk Matt, I'll simply do it myself."

Klaus face turned cold as he frowned at her. "Put the weapon down Love, this isn't your job." Valerie scoffed "actually 'love', this is my job, I'm a hunter now so I would advise you to move."

Klaus then smirked and moved, raising his hand in surrender as he stepped to the side. "Go ahead, you've got seconds until they all come at once."

Damon stepped forward with fear shown in his eyes. "That wasn't the deal." Klaus smirked for the hundredth time that night. "Well, Valerie here wants to get herself in trouble. I'm simply arranging that."

Damon ushered Valerie behind him. "Look here, we all know you care about Valerie or more or whatever. So, just get them to back down." Klaus eyes softened slightly when he mentioned her but they turned stern only a second later.

"I'm afraid not." Damon glared at him and quickly picked her up and flashed off.

"If we run we can get to the cabin." Damon huffed "you want to hide?" Jeremy nodded "they're gonna kill matt, it's the only way to keep him safe."

Damon just nodded "I'll keep them busy." Valerie then lead the way as Jeremy and Matt followed.

---

Valerie walked into the Grill and went to meet Jeremy. "Where's Jeremy?" She questioned Elena when she saw her. "Uh I think he's in the back." She nodded and went off to find her little brother.

She wanted to find out what happened when they went to kill the vampires, and since no marks appeared on her. She gathered they didn't find them.

"Jeremy, what happened? Are you okay?" Jeremy nodded "He had Damon but I think he's fine now." Valerie furrowed her eyebrows "he?" Jeremy nodded "Kol killed the vampires because of some guy named Silas."

Suddenly the door burst open and revealed Damon. He walked towards them with a neutral face and Jeremy lifted his gun to him.

"I've been compelled, you need to run. Both of you." Valerie looked frightened as Jeremy pulled her down into the lockwood tunnels.

"You need to get out of here, I can't resist the compulsion." Valerie heard Damons echoed voice as they rushed to find an exit.

Valerie and Jeremy tried to find an exit but failed as all they saw was a bunch of dead ends.

Jeremy being dumb dragged Valerie behind a wall as he told her to wait. Damon walked into the room and looked around. "Valerie, Jeremy, get out."

When Damon was turned around Valerie walked out with the gun held up. "I'm guessing this was Jeremys idea." Jeremy scowled at him. "Idiots, your gonna have to shoot me Valerie, in the heart. I don't want to hurt you."

Valerie hesitated at seeing Damon try to resist the compulsion for her. "I-i can't do that, Damon." She lifted the gun up and pulled the trigger.

---

Minutes later, Damon woke up in pain feeling confused. He lifted his hand to the pain in his head and found a Bullet.

"Stupid, idiotic girl. Why am I friends with her. She shot me in the head." He shot up and made his way towards the exit that the two hunter's had previously ran through.

He rushed through the woods as he followed their distinctive scent.

"Damon!" Damon turned to face Elena. "Elena." He gulped. "Damon you can resist it, just try." Damon looked down "I am trying Elena, do you really think I want to kill my best friend." Elena smiled softly.

"You can use that to resist, Damon. She's your best friend. You don't want to kill her." Damon relaxed slightly, her words comforting him.

He had calmed down until he smelt the drop of blood on a leaf about a metre away. "I'm sorry Elena." He then rushed to where the blood lead to.

He rushed around the corner to where Jeremy and Valerie were sat behind the tree.

He started to run near them but someone quickly snapped his head and he was dead, Well temporarily.

The figure walked back revealing Stefan.

This was just a small filler chapter, and sorry it took so long to upload.

I listened to ANTI whilst writing this. It's a very good album :) go listen