Chapter 24 - Misa's Past (1/2)

Hello guys!

Thank you for reaching this far! The manga adaption of this story will be a little bit different. Instead of re-writing the whole thing...yet again. I am giving you a preview of Misa's past. It may look inconsistent on what I have written so far but it will make sense in the manga.

Thank you and let me know what you think!!!

-Seru

________________

Almost three years ago, my parents decided to purchase a house. We had to move a couple of blocks away from our old house.

This move forced me to change schools right before entering high school.

I was saddened by this sudden move but I didn't resist. I made a lot of friends back in middle school so I didn't see any problem making friends in my new school.

_____________

The first day of high school arrived and I was really excited.

The traditional school ceremony was boring as usual and felt like an eternity.

My eyes were wondering around and desperately trying to spot someone or something interesting.

And I did.

I caught a glimpse of this mysterious cute little blondie.

He looks so cute.

I just want to eat him up.

He's like my little fun-sized blondie.

I didn't notice that I was already blushing and had been staring at him for a long time.

He turned around and our eyes met.

He appeared astounded and probably felt the intensity of my stare.

I looked away to avoid his eyes and waited for a few minutes.

I tried to look again in his direction...

He was still looking at me.

When our eyes met the second time, he got startled and immediately faced forward.

That was really embarrassing.

___________________

The ceremony ended and the students populated their respective classrooms.

I entered the classroom and sat down on one of the seats.

By then, all the students seemed to fill the classroom.

I was anxiously waiting for him but he didn't arrive.

He's probably not in my class.

A group of students started to flock around my desk. They were curious because I was new and didn't come from their middle school.

Girl 1: You didn't come from the local middle school, huh?

Girl 2: Yea, did you move or something?

Misa: Yea, I was from the middle school about a mile or two away.

Girl 3: Oh, it's not that far, right?

Misa: Yea, we just moved a couple blocks away from our old house. The districts changed so I had to change schools too.

Girl 2: Ah, I see. Let's be friends, then okay?