Chapter 17

"Let me get your other foot Schätzchen." I whispered out while I gently set down her freshly painted foot that I had in my lap out of the way. Capping the nail polish brush again, I give it another shake. I am currently sitting in front of Eve in between her parted thighs on the floor with my back facing her. The tv is playing some weird ass alien Syfy movie that neither of us is really paying attention to.

Eve places her other leg over my shoulder, which dangled her unpainted small foot in my lap. I cradle it in my large hand and begin to glide the glossy white color polish on her toe nails in even strokes. Pausing halfway through applying the first coat of paint, I turn my head and kiss her caramel thigh that was resting next to my cheek. I smile against her skin when I feel her muscle jump and stiffen under my lips. If her toes wasn't wet, I would flip her pretty ass over and fuck the shit out of her in this moment.

Who would have thought painting a woman's toes would be such a turn on? My head jerks forward from a hard nudge from her finger tips. "Get back to work man." She said in a teasing husky voice that made me laugh. "Yes ma'am." I respond back smiling.

"Today was a tough day." Eve sighs out after a few silent moments. I nodded my head in agreement while I massage her calf. Lucas had a stressful psychologist visit this morning. Today was the day that the doc delved a little deeper into Lucas's previous living arrangements. She assured me that she didn't press him too hard but she did ask for him to tell her about his biological mother and other people that had been in his life before I took him in.

The talk was hard on the boy, I could tell in how tense he was when he left out of the doctor's office. Ever since this morning's session, he had been unusually quiet. He reverted back into a shell of a person from having to look back briefly on his past. I was so fucking pissed and frustrated on how hard this whole situation was that I cried.

Yeah that's right. I cried like some soft ass punk. Not in front of the child but in front of Eve, Ms. Cheryl, and Jason. I worked so fucking hard to try and make the boy forget about the abuse. The session had just set him back into his old ways of flinching from adult fingers and drawing back into himself. After his session, I wanted to surround him with people that loved and cared for him. So I quickly picked up Eve and Olivia and took everyone to Ms. Cheryl's house. Jason and my uncle Hurst came as soon as I told them what had happen.

I was so fucked up over it that I had to go back for a quick session with the Doc later on this afternoon in order to reassure myself that what I was doing was the right thing in making the poor boy relive his horrors in order to get better. In my session with the doctor, I was assured that in order for him to get fully past it, he has to face it and accept the past transgressions against him. That Lucas had to understand that he wasn't alone in his experiences and that he could continue on to live a happy healthy life. She told me that he would never "forget" but with help he can learn to live with it and have it not effect his life and future relationships so much.

As the day went on Lucas began to relax more and more but he was still more tense then usual by bedtime. So Eve and I took turns holding and cuddling him until he fell asleep an hour ago. Before he drifted off to sleep he looked up at Eve and me and whispered "I promise I will feel better tomorrow. I love you." That shit hurt my heart.

"Eve what the fuck are we going to do?" I ask in a broken whisper against her thigh. She runs her fingers through my hair soothingly.

"There isn't much that we can do Alex. We are doing all that we can do babe. He is getting the help that he needs with the psychologist and we are giving him more love then he knows what to do with half of the time."