Chapter 20

-Three Weeks Later-

I looked over at a shirtless Michael doing push-ups on the floor and shook my head. Show off. I tried not to look at him but wow..he's sexy. I turned on the TV to distract me but he stood up. Sweat was visible on his forehead and matted his hair. He breathed heavy, his chest moving up and down. I gripped the sheets and it took everything in me not to just pounce onto him, but he walked over to me and smirked. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. I stood up and crashed my lips against his. He backed me up so that I was pinned against the wall and his tongue entered my mouth as I ran my fingers through his soft, sweaty hair. He breathed heavy between our kiss because of his work-out. That's when the cabin door open and we quickly broke apart. I looked over to see Jessica standing there, her face red. Michael sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Um...did I walk in on something?" She asked with a smirk.

"No, you're fine" I replied. Michael rolled his eyes again and I grabbed his hand, squeezing it. We both sat down on my bed and he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Your birthday's coming up in a few days" he said, kissing me on my shoulder.

"Yeah, but it's not that important" I replied.

"What? Are you kidding me? It's your 18th birthday, of course it's important."

"Well I'm not doing anything special for it" I said.

"Isn't your mom coming to the cabin?"

"Well yeah, but that's about it." He nodded.

"I'm gonna get you something great" he said, looking at me and smiling.

"Please don't spend your money on me" I whined.

"Too bad." I lay back on the bed as Jessica pulled out her phone. "I'm getting in the shower" Michael said. I nodded and gave him a quick peck on the lips as he headed to the shower. I looked over and Jessica wiggled her eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

"You had sex already" she stated. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"No we haven't..."

"Yes, you have. Or, you were about to."

"We weren't about to have sex..we do that a lot but we don't let it get that far" I replied. She scoffed.

"So what are you waiting for?"

"Jess, we just got together a little over three weeks ago" I replied.

"Do you love him?" She asked. I felt chills cover my body at the word itself. Love.

"No..we haven't been together long, like I said..."

"That doesn't mean anything though" she replied. I thought about that.

I'm not in love with him..

"Oh, and I have to tell you about something" she said, smiling. "Luke might give me a second chance."

"Really?" I asked, smiling.

"Yep. What I did was terribly wrong and I know I'm never gonna do it again...we both just really miss each other so he's considering it."

"That's great!" I exclaimed. "But seriously, please don't break his heart again."

"I won't" she replied.

I've known Jessica long enough to see that she isn't a bad person at all. She's really sweet and what she did was wrong but I believe she wouldn't do that again..she's one of those people that learn from their mistakes.

Jessica put her phone in her pocket and smiled. "Luke just texted me to meet him at his cabin."

"Good luck" I said, smiling back as she ran out of the door. I lay back on the bed and about 10 minutes later, Michael stepped out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist. I felt my cheeks heat up as I crawled completely under the covers. He chuckled lightly, causing me to smile.

"What are you doing under there?" He asked.

"Trying not to look at you" I admitted.

"I have clothes on now." I slowly took the covers off to see him fully clothed in a pair of sweat pants and a black muscle shirt. I stood up.

"Don't look" I said. "I have to change." He turned around and I turned the other way, throwing my shirt off. I looked around for Michael's Jack Daniels shirt and found it, picking it up. But when I looked over, Michael had his eyes straight on me. "Michael!" I exclaimed, my cheeks turning red. He gave me a half smile.

"You're so beautiful." I grinned and looked downward, putting his shirt on and taking off my pants.

I looked up and he continued to stare. I jumped behind the bed and he wined as I threw some sweat pants on. I stood back up and he lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I climbed on top of him so I straddled his waist and smiled. I completely lay on top of him, my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. He turned the lamp off so the room went completely dark and only the moonlight shone through the window. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed his finger along my skin. He closed his eyes and I slowly kissed his jawline. He exhaled slowly through his nose and I felt his heart race.

"What's wrong?" I asked into his neck. "Your heart is racing."

"I don't know...you give me all these weird feelings inside and I just..." He trailed off.

"You just what?" I asked, frowning.

"I don't know honestly" he replied, chuckling a little. He looked down at me and I slowly pressed my lips against his. But this wasn't a heated kiss; it was a meaningful one. One that made my heart beat fast, and I felt his beat fast too. One that made me go weak. One that made me truly believe that I'm falling deeply in love with Michael. When we stopped the kiss, I buried my head into his neck, inhaling the scent of soap.

"You mean a lot to me. You know that, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, and it's the same for me" I replied.

"I'm serious..I would take a bullet for you. I would die for you. I would do anything for you" he said, rubbing my arm and pressing his lips onto my head.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. You make me happy" he said, grinning. I kissed the corner of his mouth and closed my eyes. I felt myself drift off to sleep but before I did, I could've sworn I heard Michael say "I'm falling in love with you."