#40 wedding day

You stood there, staring at yourself in the mirror. Anxiety running through your veins and your head going crazy. You eyed yourself up and down, examining your own fragile body. Your long white dress dragged behind as you as you walked to the church doors.

Your friends ee'd and oo'd around you, getting excited. But you stood there, a nervous wreck. You closed your eyes and breathed in deeply.

Thomas was feeling even worse. sparkling sweat gathered up on his forehead and he fiddled with his fingers. His heart beat so loud everyone could hear (metaphorically). He looked around the room, seeing all the people gathering into the chapel.

Suddenly, time slowed down. The thoughts that you had disappeared instantly as the wooden chapel doors slid open and you were revealed to the crowd of family and friends.

You began to walk slowly, step by step, you got closer to the front of the chapel, where your fiancé Thomas stood. You avoided contact with him at first but then as you got closer, you looked up and locked eyes.

The dress dragged up the couple steps as you stood up onto the stage. Your brides maid Kaya took the bouquet of beautiful flowers from your hands but Thomas quickly grabbed your hands, replacing the empty space the flowers left behind.

The pastor began to speak, but you couldn't hear a thing. You didn't pay attention, until it was your turn to speak and all. Even then you hardly heard the words stumbling out of your fragile lips.

Thomas went after you, his voice shook of fear. You could hear it. But you knew it was good, you knew this was a good feeling of nervousness. It was the kind of feeling that reassured you he was the one.

"I promise to love you..." Thomas said, carrying on with his small speech, staring into your beautiful eyes. A small smile placed across his face and his eyes filled with pure excitement.

"and with gods word, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" The pastor said perkily.

Suddenly, the noises of the clapping and shouting disappeared and Thomas wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. He smashed his lips onto yours passionately and leaned into you slightly. Your lips moved in a perfect sync and you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling his torso closer to yours. The kiss seemed to last forever, but unfortunately forever wasn't long enough.

Eventually, all the yelling and clapping came back and you're kiss was broken.

But your marriage, that would never be broken.

you knew, this love, was infinite.