Special Chapter - Emperor; Bloom

This is a special chapter and can be read separately without reading the whole 'Love In The Palace'. This special chapter reveals about Emperor's past.

If you come only to read this special chapter, and turned out to like it, please do read the whole series of Love In The Palace as well! Thank you! :)

---

"Your Highness. The Emperor has been visiting our palace lately. Your Highness clearly has gained His Majesty's favour again! Our palace has become much livelier recently." A woman with dress and hairstyle more elaborate slowly bowed down, whispering to her master in glee, smiling from ears to ears. Consort Para's expression only softened, negatively. Her eyes held no happiness, but more of suspicions and some sorrow. She sighed in her heart, as she was afraid of the days that might come. There was only one matter that she was scared of, and as days passed by, her nightmare seemed to be realising more and more. It was the first time that she felt unhappiness whenever the Emperor visited.

"I do not know...whether to await his arrival...or dread it."

---

"Where is His Majesty?" It was a voice filled with contempt. The owner of the voice did have an admirable beauty. Her skin was flawless and charcoal-black hair was incomparable. Her hairdo required hours of sitting before the mirror to be done perfectly. Her dresses all required many hands and many months to be completed.

"His Majesty...is at Consort Para's palace." Jane answered almost in a whispering tone.

"Very well. His Majesty suddenly has been visiting Consort Para's palace. There must be a reason behind this." She spoke with contempt. After she was sent into a wave of deep thoughts, she hurriedly went into her bedchamber.

"I am going to Consort Para's palace. Help me change!"

---

Author's POV:

The palace had regained its admirable glory after a whole year of being left in imaginary winter. A group of guards and servants was left standing-by outside the palace, none of them dared to slack without the presence of their Emperor.

"This fish is amazing." His Majesty smiled as he, using chopsticks, held a part of the flesh and placed it on his bowl of warm and fluffy white rice. Consort Para could only smile and silently chew her rice, trying her best not to accidentally bite her tongue in anxiety. Of course she was happy to be having dinner together with the Emperor, however it was not only the two of them and the children. The Emperor personally invited Magnolia as well, and she could see through it.

"Aunt personally cooked all these for Your Majesty." Magnolia commented timidly carried on eating. Even under the candle lights at night, she looked mysteriously beautiful. Even Consort Para was aware of how unusually gorgeous her niece was. However certainly the most beautiful woman she had ever seen was Consort Shine, whose grace was second to none. Seeing the current condition of her palace, she could only bite her lips and close one eye.

However it was not a compliment which she received from the Emperor, but only a smile. During the silent dinner, Consort Para at times caught the Emperor stealing glances at Magnolia. She started regretting having brought Magnolia into the palace.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." A woman appeared from the entrance, curtsying with many other servants following behind her. Their attention was diverted from their bowl of rice to the woman. Instantly, Consort Para rose from her seat and curtsied as well.

"Greetings, Sister."

Magnolia who knew not of her identity only rose and curtsied without uttering a single word. She stole glances at the Emperor at times out of curiosity. But when she saw him looking intently at her as well, she blinked her eyes and looked away, embarrassed and also scared.