Forty Six || Drunk Protests

Ryder's Point of View 

I knew that this was a bad idea from the moment she wanted to go to that party. I knew that this is going to end badly and the last thing I want is to be is held accountable. If I don't keep an eye on her, she is going to do something she will regret surely.

"Hey Ryder," Malea smiles at me. Great. I hooked up with her once and she's back for more. I mean, I don't blame her; I'm beautiful. But, I can't. I have to stop doing that if I actually want something real.

"Hey," I say blankly. The only way she will leave me alone is if I'm rude. It's not that I want to, but she is only here for one thing and I don't want it.

"So, I saw an empty bedroom upstairs," she smirks at me. She is wearing something quite revealing, which did catch my attention, but I Vena told me I have to control myself and I will do just as she said. I know she knows what she is talking about.

"I'm waiting fro someone," I tell her, again with the same blank expression. I wasn't actually waiting for anyone, but lying to her is really the only way I'm going to get out of this one. I could tell the truth, but there is no way in hell I would tell anyone about this whole situation.

When Vena asked what was wrong this morning, I felt like I could just tell her. There was something about her that made me trust her. She can be rude and quite the bitch if you ask me, but I know now that if I need to talk to her about something, she'll be there. I've never had someone like that around. James, Grayson, and Grant are guys and it's not like I could just explain my feelings to them. It's just not that easy. Leah is my sister and she'll laugh at me for sure considering that is what she enjoys: laughing at people. I know that Vena won't tell anyone, not even James.

I look around and my eyes catch a girl with long brown hair. Vena had a drink in her hand she is stumbling a bit to get to the couch. I've never seen Vena drunk before so this should be humorous.

As I walk over to her, I see some guys talking to her –or should I say 'flirting' with her. It was weird because a moment later, they walked away with surprised reactions to her.

I sit next to her and she smiles. "Men have no manners whats so ever," she takes another drink.

It's been only ten minutes and she's already on her second bottle. Drinking is what distracts me from my feelings and I hate that I can't distract myself. How long is it going to take to find a girl that I'll commit to? I don't have the patients for this kind of thing.

As soon as James started having this thing fro Vena, he never came to parties. He stayed in with her pretty much every time. In he does come out, he brings her. I hate coming to these parties alone. it's pretty depressing if you ask me.

I look her as she gives me a lazy smile. I guess Drunk Vena is laid back Vena. She seems relaxed and I think that is exactly what she needed. The only thing that I know about her and James's dispute is that he isn't cooperation very well. I mean he can be like that, so I understand. I just don't understand why she came to me and not Grayson. He is her best friend, not me.

She suddenly barks laughter. "That is funny," she laughs again, "James is at home and I am here with you getting drunk," she slurs a little.

I shrug, "So?" I ask her confused at what is really funny.

She points her finger up, getting ready to make a point. "The funny thing is that James is at at home most likely moping around and I'm here having fun without him and I don't even care," she barks another laugh.

I chuckle, "Yes, Vena. That's right."

It amazes me how free she acts when she's in this state. It's too bad she isn't always like this, she would be a really hilarious person.