Chapter 39

1 year Later...

Michael and I are currently driving to the hotel we're staying at in L.A. Jackie had offered us her place to crash but considering she has a roommate we didn't want to intrude. I know I sound cliche but I feel so different being back in L.A., staring out the window we are passing by Malibu beach close to where Demi found at my lowest point.

"Hey you okay?" I felt Michaels hand grabs mine. Taking away my eyes from the window I turn to give him a small smile of reassurance. This is still didn't feel real to me. Since the last time I was in L.A. I had finally "gotten" my shit together. I ended up staying in Texas to attend college, and Michael and I recently got an apartment together closer to campus, and I had finally put music as a priority also I finally took Demi's offer for help and managed to network with amazing artist whom I've been co writing songs with. Demi of course still insists I should be the one singing, but for now I'm happy being behind the scenes. 

"Is it lame of me to say I feel weird being back here?" I slightly laughed.

"Not even babe, plus you deserve a vacation after all the work you've put in this year, I mean you've managed to make the dean's list since you started school, have worked with a bunch of artist writing music, and not to mention you've taken your rehab and therapy seriously" Michael spoke, almost making me sound like wonder women.

"I guess I finally started getting my shit straight" I joked.

"Babe, you've gone above and beyond and I couldn't be more proud of you" Michael smiled bring my hand up to his lips and lightly kissing it.

"How are you still with me, after all the crap I put you through. How did I get so lucky?" I genuinely asked.

"Because I love you with all my heart, ever since the first day back in high school when we would flirt race in our neighborhood. I knew you were the one for me, I would do anything to protect you and make sure you and I ended up together" Michael spoke just as we pulled up into a driveway.

"I love you" I said quickly connecting our lips.

"I love you more" he smiled. "Now come on I have a surprise". He said quickly jumping out the car.

"Uhh where are we I thought we were going to a hotel" I asked confused looking around of the beautiful house we had just arrived to.

"Now do you trust me?" Michael spoke standing behind me.

"Of course but.." I answered just as a blindfold was covering my eyes.

"Good now just follow my voice and keep walking" he said guiding me.

"Michael what is this, where are we going" I asked.

"Don't make me cover your mouth, just trust me" he said, which was enough to shut me up. Grabbing onto Michaels hand I followed his voice which echoed through the house. "Okay ready" he asked.

"I guess" I slightly smiled still unsure as to what was going on to. Finally the blindfold was dropped and the beaming sun blinded me for a second before I realized everyone was surrounding us.

"Uhh Michael I thought we were going on vacation" I slightly laughed noticing Demi, Dallas, Maddie, and along with other family and friends.

"How rude, you need a vacation from us" Dallas joked flipping her hair.

"Babe whats going on" I quickly returned my attention to him.

"Isabella Lovato, I think it's safe to say that no matter what you do or whatever obstacle you face I will stand by your side and support you. And I think your whole family and friends here can reassure everyone that you are not the easiest person to get along with" he spoke causing me to slightly laugh but blush at the same time. "None the less, you are perfect. You have brought this new light into my life where I just constantly want be around you and when I think you I'm always smiling. I know we've only been in each others lives for a few years, but I know in my heart that I want to stand by your side not just today but forever" Michael's voice began to tremble and deep in my palms I knew what was coming. Before I knew it Michael was down on one knee, "Izzy will you do me the honor of letting me call you my wife?" he finally said opening the small little blue velvet box showing me a gorgeous ring.

"Michael... Yes!" I whispered pulling him up and connecting my lips to him, hearing everyone around cheering. Finally he slid the ring onto my finger, and quickly picked me up bridal style.

"She said yes!" he proclaimed with an enormous smile as everyone continued to cheer on and I snuck in another kiss.

A/N:

Yoooooo! aha 

Talk about a turn of events. I know I took forever to post an update but life and school has kind of just been crazy. If you can't tell this book is coming to an end. There will be a few more chapters to tie up lose ends. Any type of feedback is greatly appreciated :)