2-The Captain

It's an exploration, she's made of outer space
And her lips are like the galaxy's edge
And a kiss the colour of a constellation falling into place

I smirked my blood red lips as I watched the Captain and Phil get out of a car. I leaned against the side of the Quin Jet, tapping my black heels as I waited. Once they got closer, I stood up and walked towards them, swaying my jean covered hips as I did. I smiled at the Captain, which made Phil chuckle.

"Hello Captain Rogers." I say with a grin, pulling my hand out of the pocket of my black leather jacket. I held my hand out for him to shake.

"Captain Rogers, this is Agent St-" Couslon starts, but I quickly cut him off. Steve reaches out as well and I wrap my hand around his.

"My name is Peyton." I quickly say as Steve shakes my hand. He smiles at me as we pull our hands apart. The three of us continue to walk towards the jet.

"Peyton is one of our best agents, Captain. In fact she just got off a mission not too long ago." Couslon beams as we walk onto the jet, looking at me proudly. I smile at him and take a seat across from Steve. The blonde man looks at me, curiosity in his bright blue eyes.

"I was just retrieving something that belonged to SHIELD. No biggie." I say with a shrug. The Captain nodded as Phil handed him a tablet. I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier. I didn't get any sleep at all, seeing that I was on a mission. Since I was exhausted, I let my eyes flicker shut and leaned my head against the wall. Sleep soon welcomed me with open arms.

I open my eyes looking around until I knew where I was. It was one of the galas that Tony and I were invited to a few years ago. I was standing next to the bar, nursing a tumbler full of whiskey. A familiar man in a suit and tie walked up next to me, a smirk on his lips. In his hand was his own tumbler of whiskey.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?" Clint asked, lifting his glass to his lips. I turned to look at him, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Clint, what did you do to get invited to to this?" I ask, and he laughed, the skin around his eyes crinkling.

"Nothing illegal." He responds and I laugh, sipping my whiskey. I watch as his eyes move from my face down to the tight red dress I was wearing. I put my glass down and tapped one of my well manicured nails against his jaw, making him look back up at me.

"My eyes are up here, bird boy." I murmur and I swear he blushes. He laughs again.

"I know where they are, Agent Stark." He responds, drinking from his glass, "You want to dance?" He asks, motioning to the dance floor. I look at the dozens of couples moving to music provided by the live band.

"Didn't know you like to dance, Barton."

"I don't. But I'll try if you would like to dance." He says before leaning in close, "It would look better if that photographer had a picture of you dancing than of you drinking." He whispers into my ear before pulling away. I nod and take his outstretched hand.

"Then let's dance, Barton. And thank you." I respond and he smiles as he leads me to the dance floor.

"Anything for you, Peyton. Just warning you now that I'm-

"Come on, Peyton, we are here." Phil says as he shakes my shouler. My eyes shoot open. Phil is looking me straight in the eye, his lips drawn up in smile. He steps backward, letting my have my room as I unbuckle my seat belt and stand up. After straighting out my clothes and fixing my hair for a few seconds.

"Thank you Phil." I say as we walk out of the jet. I let out a sigh. It's showtime.