Chapter 10

I sneak down the stairs quietly. My parents just left and they left Bex here to "babysit" me. The thing is, I hadn't met Bex yet. And I was very, very nervous to meet her. I can hear her laughing with my brothers, who already met her long ago. They told me she's like an aunt to them, and that they absolutely adore her. I carefully look around the corner and see her. Ohmygod that's Rebecca Mader I think and squeel. Big mistake. They heard me and looked at me. I walk in and try to act casual. But I completely fail as I walk into a chair and fall to the floor. Well then. Great job I say to myself and I get up, my face red with emberassment. "That's normal" I say shyly and Bex laughs. She takes my hand and pulls me onto her lap and gives me a tight hug. "It's very nice to meet you! I heard you had a girlfriend" she says and wiggles her eyebrows. I giggle and nod and she smirks. Oh no. This can't be any good.. "Come on then, I want details" she says playfully and I don't know what my face looked like after she said that, but she and my brothers bursted out laughing. Soon I start to laugh too. Rebecca smiles and hugs me again. "I was just kidding dear, don't worry" she says and I smile. Later that night me and my brothers try to teach her how to rob a plane on GTA V. Within a few hours mom and dad come home again. They send us to bed right away (we were supposed to go to bed over 3 hours ago) and from my room I can hear my mom lecturing Bex about raising children. I laugh as I think about what Bex would look right now. She'd probably be pouting and hoping that the lecture would end soon. After a few minutes I notice myself drift off to sleep.

I feel like Rebecca could end up being a very good friend...