Chapter 23: Fire and Ice

Soundtrack: If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember

"We heard noises. What's happening here?" Tanong ni Summer habang inililibot niya ang tingin sa paligid. Mukhang hindi na niya kailangan ng kasagutan sa kanyang tanong dahil sa nakita niyang kaguluhan. She immediately walked up to Van when she saw the marks on his face caused by Sebastian.

"What the hell happened here?" She asked loudly this time. I sighed. I thought it was already clear to her what happened here. When she didn't get an answer from Van, she turned to Sebastian and glared at him. And I couldn't help but answer her glare with my own.

"We are having a discussion," sa wakas ay kalmadong wika ni Van.

"Discussion? You're calling this a discussion?" She asked again impatiently. Hindi ko mapigilang mag-isip habang nakatingin sa kanila. They were fire and ice. They were not supposed to be too close to each other. But who knows what was supposed to and not supposed to happen in this life?

"I'll just meet you outside, Summer. Mukhang kailangan pa naming mag-usap ni Tres," wika ni Van na agad namang sinalungat ni Tres sa pamamagitan ng biglang pagtayo at pag-aayos ng sarili na tila ba ang buong 'diskusyon' na naganap ay naghatid lang ng pagkalukot ng kanyang kasuotan.

"No. We don't need to talk more, Giovanni. I don't want to spend my precious time listening to you justifying all these shits," wika ni Sebastian.

Summer snorted and said, "And I know this devil caused all the trouble." She eyed Tres insultingly. I should have known that Tres would not let this pass this time. He smirked at her, showing his perfect white teeth and said,

"It's funny hearing that from a selfish bitch who caused all the trouble."

We were all stunned. Bago pa makapagsalita ang isa sa amin ay kaswal na lumabas si Tres ng silid habang ang dalawang kamay ay nasa bulsa. It was easy for him to turn from a perfect storm to a cool breeze of air. Tila walang anumang nangyari na nilisan niya ang silid.

"Don't worry about him," wika ni Giovanni. Summer Leondale just kept staring blankly at the empty doorway. Tila ba binuhusan siya ng napakalamig na tubig.

"Wait! The drama is over? Is there an Episode Two of this or something like that because I'll surely look forward to it," wika ni Forest. She was quite right. Tila nakalimutan naming lahat ang aming mga sarili habang pinapanood ang sitwasyon. The two girls who happened to be this mansion's very few visitors seemed to be confused and threatened on what happened. But whatever fear this caused them, it didn't stop them from holding Summer's arms quietly asking if she was okay.

"Giovanni, hindi pa niya lubusang naiintindihan," wika ni Maximus Brown. Tahimik rin niyang tinitimbang ang sitwasyon.

"Please remind me not to mess with your brother, Van. Not that I'm planning to. But he's completely–I don't know–devilish? Even I couldn't punch you that hard. Man, he's crazy good!" The other guy told Van. I didn't know whose side he was taking.