Chapter 14.

Aaron's P.O.V

My mood was worsened as soon as Alice walked into Hog's Head, and it didn't improve when she left. Seeing Draco flirt and nearly snog with Pansy, then show affection to Alice made my hatred for him, worsen.

I could care less if she got her heart broken, but if she lets him walk all over her like this, it makes our family look worse.

I think of the letter I received this morning from Mom and Dad.

'Dear Aaron,

                    We hope all is well at school. And, we hope your last year is wonderful. But, you accidentaly forgot the sweater Grandmother made you... We aren't letting you off that easy!

                    Alice is doing well, we hope. Please, please, watch over her. We heard she might be in trouble... Just, keep an eye on her and don't argue with her (or Draco) please?

                   Love,

                              Mom and Dad'

How was I supposed to write back? Alice is fine; she's engaged to be married and the other day was in a temporary coma. But, all is well with her.

Mom and Dad were harsh on her when they found out she was in Slytherin, and I was there for her. But, why can't she see that she has a set of parents that love her very much?

My mood ruined, I head back to Gryffindor's common room.

"Jake, there you are," I say, relieved to see him. I feel bad for the way I acted towards him at Hog's Head.

He jumps up from his seat, where he was having a private and quiet conversation with Ron Weasley.

                                                                             Ron's P.O.V

I watched Alice exit the infirmary, my chest feeling heavy. I did the right thing, didn't I?... Yes, I'm watching out for myself (and my health). But, that doesn't make this situation any easier.

As her footsteps become faded, I sink into reality. Someone had seen us. I didn't quite get a good look at him. I just hope, for my neck's sake, that it wasn't anyone close to Draco.

I shove my hands in my pocket and make my way towards the Common Room.

"Ron!" Someone shouts my name. And, unfortunately, I see Dean, Seamus and Neville.

"We were just about to go to Hogmeade, you wanna join us?" Neville offers.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm not feeling too well," I tell the complete truth. I feel like I could throw up today's lunch and breakfast.

"Now that you say something, you don't look the best," Seamus frowns.

If I look even half as bad as I feel, I'm surprised they aren't running for cover.

"I don't see why you're so sick. If I had Alice Rhowen going after me, I'd-" Dean laughs and gives me a light shove, but I cut him off.

"Don't go around telling everyone that!" I snap, completely uncharacteristic for me, "If Malfoy finds out, do you know what he'll do to me?" I explain, whispering.

Dean still looks hurt from my outburst, so I try to push my way through their group to head into the Common Room.

"Ron," Neville says, holding my back by my robe, "We won't tell anyone. We aren't dumb," He assures me.