I'd Leave My Happy Home For You

CHAPTER 50: I'D LEAVE MY HAPPY HOME FOR YOU

Whitmore Medical Center

So, seeing as Jo and Alaric were about to get married the next day, everybody knew that it was time for a bachelor(ette) party for each of them. While Natalie was, of course, closer with Alaric because he was her father, she did not want to go to that bachelor party.

She preferred her strippers of the male gender. And one of them was coming with Jo, posing as a police officer as he led her into the room her, Elena and Bonnie were hiding and waiting for them.

"What's this about?" Jo asked the stripper-in-disguise worriedly, wondering what had happened this time to make her and her family such people of interest for the police to speak with. It was getting old.

The police officer did his best to play the part of an actual police officer while hiding his true intentions of being there. "I'm here regarding Professor Saltzman. I understand you two are engaged to be married?"

The doctor witch's hands instinctively went down to her stomach as she thought about anything bad having happened to the man of her dreams, the father of her unborn child(ren). "Is something wrong?"

The supposed officer reached for his night stick in his belt, taking it out while hitting a button that made it suddenly start spouting light through the darkened room. He slowly started to grin. "No, everything is just right."

Music started blaring through the room while the officer quickly ripped up his shirt and surprisingly revealed that he was, in fact, not an officer. He then started gyrating his hips to the beat of the music.

The stripper knew that there was more to take off than just his shirt and slowly started slipping off his pants, leaving him only in a red speedo as he danced in front of the pregnant doctor he was celebrating.

As they knew it was finally time to come out, Natalie, Elena and Bonnie jumped out of their hiding places, big grins on their faces at Jo's paralyzed surprise at what was happening. "Surprise!"

"Oh! Oh, my God. No. I don't think so!" Jo tried to act as if she didn't enjoy what was happening, but the smile on her face and the reluctant laugh emitted from her lips gave her away. "No, no, no, this can't be happening."

Bonnie and Elena started throwing confetti in the air while laughing, dancing with the stripper that was totally their idea to hire and not Natalie's, totally not Natalie's... The reincarnation only ran forth with a plastic tiara that she placed on Jo's head that had the words Bachelorette written on it as she pushed her down on a chair. "Happy bachelorette!"

▹▹▹

Mystic Falls Diner

After that wonderful performance of the so-called Officer Baker, the girls had dragged Jo with them to a diner that Natalie had compelled them some very VIP-access to, that nobody else had ever gotten to experience. There were times like that when Natalie loved being a vampire.

As Jo stuffed her face with five fries in one hand and a burger with a bit too much meat for most vegetarians to eat, she couldn't help but look at the empty diner dreamily. "An entire diner to ourselves? Actual heaven."

"If Caroline were here, we would be planning a spa day," Elena spoke up, and the happy mood dropped a bit at the reminder of Caroline having left town for a while to gather her thoughts after turning it back on.

"But now, she's MIA," Bonnie finished, shoving a fry in her mouth as she tried not to think about how much pain her best friend must have been in when she left, remembering how everything felt with her mother and knowing how many people she hurt.