Chapter Fourteen

Sorry for taking soo long to upload, was busy. So, This is chapter 14. It might take me a long time to post chapter 15 because I've got school and so I will have other work to do so just have some patients. And I just want to thank you all for all the support! I dedicated this to AmberCraven because I've seen that she's read and voted on all my chaps and commented on most of them so thanks to her! I love that you guys are voting but please can you comment as well, I need to have three votes so continue and 3 comments! So anyways, read on.

*********

Abbey's POV

It was nice of Andy to give us a lift home but dad and I could have taken a bus or walked home. Andy kept insisting so at the and we agreed, well dad did. I was hoping dad could sit at the back with me but no, I was stuck at the back with him, Jordan. Luckily it was a five seater car so I sat on the left side and Jordan sat on the right, leaving one empty seat in the middle. That was a good thing because it separated us. We didn't look or even glance at each other since we sat in the car. Andy and dad were chatting away and we just sat there in silence, like we never existed.

Andy turned on the music and it was a rap song. I hated rap songs so I asked him politely to change it and so he did to RnB.

"Dad, give it back to the other one," Jordan moaned.

"No, I like this one," I said.

"Well I don't," Jordan argued.

"Well I do," I said to him.

Before Jordan could say anymore his dad turned the music off. We slumped back and stared outside the window, waiting for the long journey to my house to end.

***

We arrived at my house and dad invited Andy and Jordan to come inside. This was even worse than being in his car. Dad opened the door with his house keys and they entered the house. I was behind all of them, cursing myself for accepting the job.

Andy sat down on the sofa next to dad and Jordan sat on the single sofa. As for me, I walked into my room and Blight pounced up onto my lap. I stocked him and tickled him behind the ears. Alex and Caitlin were also in the room. They got up and gave me a hug, avoiding my bandaged arm. I was just about to sit down on my bed when I heard my name being called. I rush into the living room, forgetting Blight was still in my arms.

"Abbey, may I ask if you will be going to work today?" Andy asks me as politely as he could.

I look at my dad for an answer and he gives me a little nod.

"Of course," I say.

"I have some papers, if you don't mind," He says.

"No, I'd love to see them," I smile at him.

"With Jordan," Andy adds.

I try not to look disappointed and smile but working with him at J&J Communications is enough. I didn't want to work with him at home too. But I nod my head and he hands me a pile of papers so I take them from his hand. I glance at Jordan and I walk into my bedroom. I kicked Alex and Caitlin out and place my cat onto the bed. Jordan enters my room, observing it. His facial expression told me he didn't like my room. He was richer and has his own bathroom. That's what rich city boys are like, rude and arrogant.

"Okay, so are we just supposed to read these?" I ask him, skimming through the words on the paper.

"We? You are going to do that, not me," He said and he sits back onto my chair.

"I don't think so," I say and grab a cushion. "If you don't do this, I will hit this cushion on your head," I threaten him.

"Sure you will," He says and yawns loudly.

I shake my head, smiling. He closes his eyes to take a nap but I attack. I whack his head with the cushion, which seems to have woken him up. He gets up from my chair and steps forward to show he's the boss, so I step forward to show I'm the boss. With out any warnings, I get smacked on my face with my other cushion. Now it was personal. Forgetting about my injured arm, we both lifted our cushions up and aimed it for each others head. This was a serious battle, a pillow fight.

Jordan was so confident that he was going to win because he thought girls were useless and that they couldn' do anything. Well, I was going to prove him wrong. We done a deal before the fight. If I won, he would have to pay me thirty pounds and if he won I'd have to pay him thirty pounds.

Blight was still in the room, hiding under the bed. But I had to take care of this fight first. I was hit on the face three times and one on my stomach. Jordan was hit on the face twice and four times on his stomach. So far I was winning because I hit him more than he hit me.

As the battle continued I tipped over my flower vase and then someone knocked on the door. We both froze and stared at the door, hoping no one came inside.

"I'm busy," I shout.

"Yes, I know but I heard something break," It was dad.

"Oh yes, that was Blight," I lie.

"Is Jordan in there?" Dad asks.

"Yes Mr. Adams," Jordan answers.

"Alright, and Jordan, feel free to call me Gary." Dad says his final words and I listen to his footsteps. He was gone.

***

"So, its official, I won," I declared. "Now, the money?"

"No, no, no," Jordan laughed. " I won, and so you give me the money."

"I was the last one to stand," I say, proudly.

"That's because your cat jumped on my head and scratched my face," He said.

"That's because you stepped on his tail," I argued.

We all ways end up arguing, no matter what the topic is. I stared at my room in horror. It looked like a volcano erupted. I was going to be in big trouble. I turned my head to Jordan and asked him,

"Can you tidy this up with me" I wait for a response but he says nothing. "Please?"

He begins to laugh and shakes his head. "You made this mess, now clean it yourself."

I knew he wouldn't help. I watched him leave my room and now I had to tidy this mess on my own and I knew for a fact, it was going to be long and tiring.