#61 - Riker Lynch & Troye Sivan

I'm writing this in the very near future :)

"Riker," I turn around at the sound of my name. "could you grab us some beers? And because I'm lovely, they're on me."

"Sure." I wiped my hands on my apron, smiling at my table of best friends, but Sarah mainly.

"Thank you my love, grab yourself one. You've been working so hard."

I chuckled. "No thank you, plus I'm working!"

"Oh well." She shrugged, clearly slightly drunk. I sighed. It was amusing for the time being, but taking her home is going to be killer.

I turned in the direction of the door to the kitchen, Peter, my boss, catching me half way. "So glad I found you, could you take the bags out to the bin, please?"

I nodded, rushing past him.

Blue Neighbourhood is the place I worked at; a cafe by day, hip teen bar by night. It was in the suburbs of a lovely little town an hour from LA. Everything has its way of functioning, working hand in hand with the friendly faces around town.

We had fallen into a perfect, comfortable bubble, stopping in time. It was fine, but news spread like wildfire.

I picked up the two black bags and kicked open the back door, stepping down to the alleway and disposing of my bags, when one ripped. "Fuck!"

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" A voice spoke from the darkness. I blinked.

"I hug her instead, empty void."

The voice, clearly male, chuckled, and a trail of smoke became visible. The trail grew into a cloud, and from it came a tall guy, but slightly shorter than me.

He had big, blue eyes and short, dark curly hair to compliment his fair skin and slim build. In his hands was a bottle of wine. He smiled. "What, never seen a slightly drunk guy?"

"Um, yes. But it's kind of dark here, you may injure yourself." As I spoke, he picked up a stone on the ground, attempting to engrave something on the wall. As he applied his whole strength, he almost lost balance. He laughed spontaneously.

"Good."

"What's that supposed to mean."

He glanced at me. "You're cute."

My eyes widened. He shrugged. "You aren't homophobic, right?"

"Wha-no. Never."

"Sweet."

I looked into the kitchen. "I-I have to go. I have to get back to work."

"Wait, wait." He grabbed my arm gently, and I noticed his silver painted nails. The two of us chuckled. "What's your name?"

"I'm Riker. You?"

"Troye." He slurred in a thick Aussie accent. I smiled.

"Will you be okay here, Troye?"

"I'll be fine."

***

I washed my hands, and hung my apron. The bar was vacant, the previous blur of voices and laughter now reduced to silence and chairs on tables.

It was a little over midnight, and as Sarah used the bathroom, I cleared up. However, I used the free time to play the piano on the little stage used for weekly performances.

I was interrupted by a voice. "Taking any requests?"

The voice belonged to the Troye from earlier, his bottle of wine now empty. He smiled. "Carry on, don't let me interrupt."

"No, if you have any requests." I watched him walk to the stage, hitting a couple of chairs on the way down. I laughed.

From his pocket, he produced a handwritten, beat up music sheet, labelled 'EASE', in his scruffy handwriting. I waited for him to adjust the microphone before playing the first chords and being absolutely shocked at how amazing his voice was.

At a given point, the chorus I assume, he walked to me and places his arm around me.

"Take me back to the basics and the simple life
Tell me all of the things that make you feel at ease
Your touch, my comfort, and my lullaby
Holdin' on tight and sleepin' at night
Holdin' on tight and sleepin' at night."

I played the entirety of the song for him, and by the end of it, I was swimming deep in his eyes.

"Am I interrupting?" A slightly sobered Sarah appeared out of the blue.

"No! Meet Troye, a great singer." I tapped his shoulder.

"Thank you, Riker." He slurred, then whispered. "Who is she?"

"This is my best friend, Sarah." She smiled at her introduction.

"Hi Sarah." He waved, reminding me of an innocent child. "I best be on my way, looks like you'll be going too."

"Will you be fine walking alone?" I watched him help himself off the stage and walk to the door.

"I'll find my way." He shrugged. "See you around, Riker, Sarah."

"Bye." The two of us chorused before he was off in the night. Sarah clapped her hands, cooing. "My gaydar is going crazy."

"You're right, he his gay, but really nice too." I stood up. "Anyway, here are my keys, go wait in the car whilst I grab my coat and lock up."

listen to Troye at your own risk because he is highly addictive eSPECIALLY THAT SONG 'EASE', ITS BEAUTIFUL