Chapter 28: Welcome

(Y/n) opened her eyes to a blinding light and had to blink a few times to settle in the confusion, 'What happened? Kenzan...?! Must have been a dream...' She continued to stare at the ceiling -wondering what her dream was supposed to entail- when Jin's head popped into view, nearly startling the girl.

"I think she's awake." He turned around and told the other presences in the room. The girl was quickly surrounded by the familiar faces of her friends and looked at each one of them with a puzzled expression.

"What happened?" (Y/n) sat on the bed she had been lying on and looked around her to notice that she wasn't under her own covers as she previously thought. She glanced about to figure her environment was a large, white office that smelt of disinfectant and liquidised medicine. She took a moment to realise that she was located in the Nurse's office and looked back at her friends for more information.

"You just fainted. We had to take you here in case there was something wrong." Jin felt the girl's forehead when she started to indicate signs of the previous symptoms as her cheeks flared up again.

"K-Kenzan...! Yes, I remember!" The female swiftly swivelled towards the twins and grabbed onto Lala. "Tell me everything!" She began to vigorously shake the poor female and urge her for more information.

After (Y/n) was calmed down by Saki, she let go of the other girl and shakily retracted. When Lala had settled her fright she began to talk in a calm voice as to not alert her friend again, "Yeah, as I said before. Kenzan has come back from abroad...you brute..." She quietly whispered the last line so as not to be detected by the overwhelmed female.

(Y/n) began to breathe deeply to prevent from hyperventilating, as she recalled the memories with her love interest. "W-where is he?! When will I see him?!" She took another moment to look around and remembered where she was. "What time is it?!"

"It's 9:25. So you missed half of the maths lesson." Despite meaning to be disappointing news, Saki gladly relished in the time wasted from one of her most hated lessons.

"Oh damn it! I-I need to go! I need to-I need to-to- to go..." The fazed student tried to stand up but was washed over with a wave of nausea.

"Don't stand! Come on, lay down." Ren attempted to push the female back down to the bed, but a sudden spurt of strength caught him off guard when she sprung to her feet and stumbled over towards the bathroom.

When the rest of them tried to guide her back but she simply shooed them off, "No no no, I'm ok-I'm ok. I'll just be..." She paused in the middle of her sentence and walked into the other room without a continuation.

"What's the matter with her? She's been acting more uncoordinated than usual." Kaito turned towards the twins for more info on the girl's behaviour.

"Hehe, she'll be fine when she sees Kenzan, he'll sort her out." The twins gave each other winks and chuckled at their friend's dilemma.

"Who the hell is Kenzan?" Bako seemed visibly irritated with the subtlety of the pair.

Saki looked at her sister and nodded for her to quench the boys' curiosity. "Well, Kenzan is our older brother. He's been studying abroad up until now for the past 4 years and he's back."

"We get that much. What's his relationship with (Y/n)?" Kaito crossed his arms, clearly irked.

"Oh, we can't even begin to describe their relationship. When he used to be here, him and (Y/n) were practically inseparable. It was like they were the twins, it was quite adorable actually. (Y/n) had known him since she was 6." Lala giddily rocked in her spot at the amusing nostalgia. "(Y/n) was so obvious with her feelings towards Kenzan, but the girl couldn't admit it to anyone, not even herself. Despite this, she didn't make it any subtle and it was absolutely obvious. Believe it or not, but (Y/n) cried for days when he left, it was both tragic and hilarious. It was like something you would see out of a chick-flick." The female heartedly laughed along with her sibling at the memory of their mopey friend.