Wattpad Original

Callan

Note: Make sure you've added the Classix to your library. I've posted the preface and chapter 1. Chapter 2 is coming this Friday!

There's an exciting thing I thought I was gonna be allowed to tell you about last Friday, but unfortunately I couldn't. I was hoping it would be today, but keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Now, how about a little Callan?

REMINDER: CALLAN IS FOUR YEARS OLD, AND I HAVE NEVER ONCE ATTEMPTED WRITING IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF A FOUR YEAR OLD. I have looked up a dozen child development websites to try and figure out what level of knowledge on the English language a four year old boy should be progressing to, so I hope it's okay. A lot of the answers are short because for the most part, a four year old is only forming simple sentences. Of course, Callan is a little above the curve because he's very good at piano for his age, but hey, what book that features a child doesn't give it a mild hint of child prodigy?

You should also remember that Callan pronounces Emeray as "Em-ray." A small child once pronounced it that way to me back when I was planning the book, and I found it incredibly adorable.

Here is your interview with Chapter's son, Callan:

@ImAwesomeNotPerfect: Would you like EMERAY as your mommy?

Callan: I like Em-ray.

@ellieway: If he wants a hug

Mel: I think he'd love a hug!

Callan: Yes!

@Jazzmatazz17: You are such a cutie ! Do you know about the Famoux or are you at an age where you're unaware of the celebrity?

Mel: Callan isn't exposed to the public like the Famoux is everyday. It's a little sheltered, but we're trying to explain to him this life his father leads slowly.

@lukewat: Do you remember your mother

Mel: Callan was very young––he's only four now. His memory isn't too keen on Rebecca.

@xxUmbrella_Face: Did you watch the Famoux Massacre on T.V.?

Mel: Callan and I never watch the Darkenings.

@Daeooo: WHY ARE YOU SUCH A LIL CUTIE PATOOTIE

Callan: (;

@tttttasha: Are you happy?

Callan: I am!

@IbtismM: Hi sweetie would you mind if I were to become your mother?

Chapter, stepping in and taking a seat by Mel: I knew these questions would come.

@lotty_lebeau: Come be my little brother / Do you know anything about your mum? / Do you like Em? Are you just pretending to let your dad be happy?

Mel: He remembers very little about Rebecca.

Callan: I like Em-ray!

Chapter: Well, I'm hoping my four year old son isn't already in the business of faking his emotions to please others.

@entelechy_: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Callan: I want to play the piano!

Mel: He's very inspired by music.

@AdalineLaRoux: How'd you get to be so cute? Trick question, we all know who your dad is.