Chapter 16

****Hi! Yes hello my children, I am still alive and now here come the part where I grovel for your forgiveness. Yes I did make a promise to update sooner and yes I did break it but, it's only because I was forced to go on a short hiatus because midterms decided to roll in and chew up my life and spit it our at my feet. I want you guys to know that I really feel bad that I make you guys wait and it's hard writing on a schedule when I'm trying to focus on school cuz I'm in a kinda rough spot in my year. But no matter how hard it gets I know I have a commitment to you guys so I made sure this was written as soon as midterms were over. However there was a second dilemma. Wattpad was under construction, or so it said when I went to upload the chapter so I had to wait until it was done. Anyway with that said, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and please COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW ME, AND SHARE THIS STROY!! Enjoy!!****

Picture above is Rowan's wolf (I'm not sure if I already said his name, but it's Thaddeus!)

*************************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

It's been a day since I came back to the wolves, two since Jasper called. Every hour that passes spikes my apprehension when I don't know if my pack is ok.

In the past few days a lot has been going on. Every day, Rowan, Vesper, and all the others have been on the phone constantly calling other clans of free wolves and asking for help. I felt so helpless sitting around, wondering if my pack was still alive.

To make matters worse, I still have no contact with Pandora, the disconnection feels weird. I've never been this long without her before. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like losing a limb, like some part of you is gone. But I can't stress about this now, I have more important thing at stake.

I kept rewinding in my head what would happen when I go back. Would they welcome my return with aid? Or would they send me away with rancor for what I've done, running like a coward.

I was sitting on the back porch, my fingers fumbling furiously with my next nail, when a short chuckle stops me.

"You know picking your nails won't make this go any faster?" I turned to see Adrian leaning against the nearest post, his playful brown eyes shining with some kind of childish joy that mine never knew.

I sighed and dropped my finger motioning for him to come and sit. He slipped down next to me and looked out over the lake and the trees.

"By this time tomorrow, all the forces will have gathered here, and we will move to your old pack's territory," He said. I nodded. 

"How many wolves have you called?" I asked. He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Like 200, maybe 250?" My jaw almost dropped.

"How have I never heard of 200 wolves without packs?" I replied.

"Because if we free wolves are good at one thing, it's staying below the radar. I mean, I work as a valet driver for Goddess' sake." He smiled and I let out a short laugh.

"Where are they all from?" I asked, he shrugged and got lost in thought. "We have comrades in North America, some in Canada, one from Mexico, one from the Amazon; I know you'll love those girls. There is also a pack from France, Sweden, Japan, Australia, Britain, Russia, India and one from South Africa."

Now my jaw actually dropped.

"That's impossible!"

"Below the radar sweetheart, nothing is impossible. " He tutted and waved a finger at me. I flicked his finger away. The sun was beginning to set and the various conversations inside the house had come to a draw. The door opened again and I turned at the same time Adrian did to see Raven with the twins step outside.