CH 2: Finally Found Her

Xavier King Pov

tick-tock

tick-tock

tick-tock

Went the clock on the wall in my office. Frankly, it was quite annoying, I made a mental note to get that fixed.

I have been sitting in my office like this, doing paperwork and pack work for the past three hours. My mind had now started to wander to other things like my family, my crazy friends, and my mate.

Well let me tell you about myself, I am the alpha of the silver moon pack. I have brown hair and green eyes that all the girls swoon over, butit doesn't  matter because I'm saving myself for my mate.

My mate that I haven't found yet. I am twenty-two and I still haven't found her and that is weird for alpha wolves and werewolves in general.

'Hey man, a pack member said they think they smelled a rogue at the park and Jay and I are going to check it out. Do you wanna come too?' My beta Jake mind links me.

' Sure why not I'll be right down.' I reply quickly and walk out of my office and closed the door.

I meet with my beta (Jake) and my third (Jay) at the front door of the Packhouse and jump into one of my many trucks.

It takes us fifteen minutes to get to the park so we laugh and talk the whole way there.

When we get there we start sniffing around for a scent. "What exactly did the pack member say about the rogue?" Jay asks Jake.

"Well, she said she was running in the trees when a blur of a wolf ran past and the wolf had a scent that sort of smelt a lot like our werewolf scent," Jake said. Interesting.

"So it could be a rogue or a pack wolf from another pack that accidentally came into our territory." States Jay and Jake nods in reply.

"Interesting, hmm kind of weird actually." I put in and we continue searching for the wolf.

After about ten minutes of searching the park I catch a whiff of the most delicious scent ever, it smells like strawberries and vanilla, it has to be my mate. The scent drives my wolf crazy he's  yipping and barking, just begging to be let out.

I snap my head in the direction of the scent and spot a beautiful girl who doesn't seem to have noticed us yet. Wait, she must be human. I take another deep breath of her scent. Yup, no trace of a werewolf scent, but something else... Too excited to care right now!

I take  this time to check her out. She's beautiful with raven black hair and lightly tanned skin. She's petite with a thin, curvy figure, wearing jeans, a hoodie, and some high tops. She's absolutely perfect, and then she looks up.

I catch  her gaze and stare straight into her mesmerizing ocean blue eyes. It feekd like the world faded away and it's just us. My wolf goes into over drive yipping and yelling mate. It's starting to give me a headache.

"Mate!" I grow out quietly. Only then do I notice a frustrated Jake and an equally frustrated Jay trying to get my attention.

"Wait did you just say..." Jay trails off and I nodded a wide smile on my face. " Oh yeah we got ourselves a luna!" Says Jake excitedly and turns to fist-bump Jay.
"So shall we go get her." I say and turn to her to see her kind of zoned out. Weird. The others nod and we head over.

We were getting quite close and she still hadn't noticed us coming forward. We were only a few feet away when she seemed to snap out of it and look at us.

She looked slightly panicked and cautious, then she masked it. 'We have a brave mate' said Kayden my wolf. 'That we do'