Chapter Seven- Dancing Trucks

I look on in shock as the mystery coffee guy walks out of the shop. Could it really be Jack? And why would he hide his face? I mean it's not that embarrassing to get that kind of coffee... I mean many guys come in and get stuff like that!  It's not like it's going to ruin his reputation... unless he has a really bad one.

I hear loud noise stop outside the shop as I finish closing up. And see a rusty, beat-up pickup truck with my one and only brother inside.  He has been wanting to get a car forever and has been saving up for it. About month ago a guy in school told him about this beat-up truck his dad had.... looks like I know what mom and dad got my brother for his 18 birthday.

I lock the door to the shop and walk over carefully, scared that the truck will blow up any second by the noise it's making.

'ISN'T THIS THING AWESOME?" I don't think I have ever seen him his excited before.... he literary looks like he's in love.  "But the only problem is that mom says I have to pick you up and take you to school too." He says with a face but it's easy to see he doesn't mind showing off his truck even if it's to his little sister.

"I think I can walk home..." Making a face as I look the truck over... seriously I don't think this truck is even remotely safe.

"Come on! Stop making that face at my baby and get in!"  He pushes on the door a few times before it pops open.

"Careful Zack your baby looks like she's gonna fall apart any second."

As we drive home he keeps listing all the reasons why I should be jealous of him, he can go anywhere he wants (not if mom has a say about it), he can pick up loads of girl (insert my disgusted face), and he finally doesn't have to ride that dumb bus anymore.

I guess a lot of what he is saying is true and I do need a ride tomorrow... "So what was the agreement with mom about driving me places?"  I know my mom isn't one to just buy a car for him and let him go, probably one of the main reasons they got it for him was how cheap it was.

He gave me a look "Dad said I had to drive you around when he couldn't... why?"

I smirked, "Got any plans for tomorrow?"

"Oh no! There is NO way I am being your personal driver!"

"Don't worry, Kat needs a ride too! So you won't be just MY driver"

"Okay, there is no way mom will make me drive you two freaks anywhere!"

I smirked again "Even if it was our dance class?'  His face turned to complete horror now knowing why I was smirking.

"Please, please, please, please don't do that to me! That is like the most horrible thing you can do to your own brother!"

I laughed "Oh please! It's not that bad, plus we do need a ride!"

His eyes got wider as understood I really was serious "But Dawnnyyy beear it's so far away and I don't want ANYONE to see me at some stupid dance camp thing!!" 

I gave him a look "ONE it's not a dance camp. TWO it's far away so no one you know should be there. THREE you can just drive around and do whatever till we are done. AND FOUR stop being a baby!"

We pulled in the driveway, and I jumped as fast as I could out of the truck just in case it decided to blow up and bolted in the house.

"MOM I"M HOME" My dad works for the Air Force and wasn't going to be home for another week since he's at a base in Montana.  But we use Skype and FaceTime so we saw him about every other day.

"Hey, hun! How was work?" she asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good and Zack said he would take Kat and I to our class tomorrow," I said smirking as I hear Zack walk in the house.