Chapter 27

I would like to clear something before going on this chapter. Fahd was meant to die, this was indicated in Ramlah's dream in chapter 9. I am surprised no one pointed out at that time. As for me making him alive. I am sorry I am not going to do that. There are many reasons his death came at this certain point in the book. I know many do not agree with me but my book is not only a romance novel, please try to understand that it is a Spiritual book trying to give many messages and among them is how alcoholism and the lust for a woman apart from one's wife led to destruction where Fahd at the time of his death had many regrets and unfulfilled yearnings.

Fahd was never meant to play a big role in the book but once I started writing on him I ended up going deep in his character. Perhaps because he is very close to my heart as his character is influenced by two very close male relatives in my life. I hope it makes sense now.

We are just over half of the book. The rest half of the book we will see more happy moments (to all those readers who have been demanding happiness for Ramlah) and will focus mostly on the two protagonists – Ramlah and Fadil. But again there will be twists and turns as always ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramlah

Fahd banged the door as he left the house, leaving an unnerving silence. Only one word kept repeating on my mind...

Divorce

Divorce

Divorce

I staggered backwards. What I had done to deserve this? Tears clouded my vision as I held on the armchair's arm rest and sat down clumsily. Why? Why? He had been so interested in baby's wellbeing. In the last few months it almost seemed he was concerned for me. As if he cared ... I almost believed he was in ... I swallowed...in love with me. In the last few months, there were times when he would look at me with such strong emotions that I would blush. I shut my eyes tightly and the tears spilled from my eyes. It was all a lie. But his eyes, they said something different. Why couldn't he ever tell me what he was thinking?

Did I do something wrong? Divorce was such a big decision. I thought we were finally learning to live together in harmony. I guess he never did want me in his life. My quivering hand hovered over my protruding stomach. How will I live and raise a baby on my own?

"Ramlah" I felt Mom's hand on my shoulder.

I slowly opened my eyelids and gazed into her concerned eyes, "Don't worry I will talk to him. He doesn't mean it. It will be alright."

I looked away, I couldn't argue with his mother. She would always take her son's side.

"Don't worry beti. Until I am alive I won't let Fahd take such a drastic step." Dad said as he stood up and kindly placed his hand on my head in a silent gesture of love and blessings.

Mom and Dad left the room. I could hear them discussing Fahd on the stairs. I didn't want to know anymore. I rubbed my temple, I was having a headache by now. Fadil shifted on the sofa in front of me. I had forgotten of his presence. He was eyeing me with a strange look on his face. Probably he was pitying me. I wasn't surprised since I have met him all he has seen was me in misery.

I carefully rose supporting my weight equally on my feet. I had become too big now. It was becoming difficult to change postures. How will I manage this burden alone all my life, I thought. As I turned my back towards the room to leave, I heard Fadil trying to reassure me.

"Ramlah I know Mom and Dad have said not to worry. I want you to know we are all here for you. We will stand by you and inshaa Allah with time Fahd will understand what he just uttered was wrong."