Dead Meg

A nice long chapter for you guys. I can't believe that over 43,000 people have red my story so this is for all of you

Enjoy x

Meg has been getting worse and worse over time to point where she now has a breathing tube down her throat as well as an oxygen mask over her mouth to keep her breathing.

Daryl hasn't left her since she went unconscious. He stays near her all the time and has even sat on her bed with her head in his lap as he slowly strokes her hair which has become wet with her sweat and is full of blood from her coughing outbursts.

"Shh, little one. Daddy's right here" He says looking down at his little girl.

"Daryl" Hershel says from the doorway. "If the medicine doesn't come quickly, she won't make it" He says looking at the man he knew to be tough and never show emotion to break down in a crying and sobbing mess as he cries for his heartbreak.

"THERE BACK!" someone shouts from outside and there is a rush of energy with the medical ward. Hershel leaves to sort out the medicine.

"DADDY!" Maggie shouts walking towards him just outside of Meg's cell "Glenn needs the medicine now, he won't make it soon" She says wiping her eyes. "No, Glenn can lasts its Meg that needs it first and more importantly. Her young immune system can't cope" He says mixing medicines together and crushing pills into IV bags.

"But what about Glenn, he's my husband. I can't just let him die. Daddy please help Glenn First" Maggie begs her father.

"NO!" Hershel shouts at his oldest daughter "Glenn will be fine for another day, Meg won't be" Hershel says picking up the finished IV bags "Stop being so damn selfish and think about the man who will lose the last member of his family and the one who is most important to him in a couple of hours if I don't give this medicine to Meg" Hershel says shaking his head before walking into Meg's cell and injecting the IV bag.

5 hours later

Everyone who was suitable to get medicine have had it and were starting to improve all except Meg who hadn't improved much to Daryl and Hershel's annoyance. Daryl still hasn't left and nearly everyone has come in and spoken to him and wishing Meg to get better.

Meg POV

I can feel the ache of my muscles and bones as I lay here feeling daddy's hand in my hair. I attempt to open my eyes but can't. Physically can't, I want to move the hair from my nose but I can move my hand.

"Come on" I whisper to myself as I try to get up. As I open my eyes I see this foggy white cloud coming towards me. I can feel myself changing getting better so I welcome the cloud.

As it continues to come at me I start to feel different almost non-existent and sad. It starts to hurt me and I see an image becoming the cloud.

It's me as a walker. It staggers towards me with its hands out reached at me and grips at my arms pulling me towards itself. It gets close to my face breathing heavy with its foggy yellow and cream eyes looking deep into mine.

"NOOOOOOO!" I hear someone scream in the background but I pay no attention to that as the walker walks me back still gripping my arms. "Stop, no" I says starting to pull away from the walker to see the cloud gone and only walkers surrounding me "No, Stop!" I say again as the walker comes at me staggering full speed.

I turn to run and find myself enclosed in a small room, with bars against the windows and doors with blood everywhere. I turn to see the walker Meg lying dead, and the feeling of aching bones before I blink and find myself on the floor of the cell I was in.

"Daddy" I say but doesn't come out. I look to the door way to see daddy on the floor crying with Rick supporting him

"Do ya want me to do it" Rick says as daddy shakes his head "I'll do it" he says wiping his face and opening the cell door and getting his gun out and pointing it at me.

"I love ya Meg, I'm not too far behind ya. Wait for me alight" He says preparing the gun "Daddy" I whisper looking up at him with his eyes closed and aiming for my head.

Daryl POV

Meg hadn't moved the only reason I know she isn't dead is because of her eye movement. I continue to stroke her hair and remove any that has stuck to her face.

Her arms start to rise and her head moves. "Meg, baby" I say looking at her "Little one open those eyes, its okay daddy's here" I say smiling as Rick and Hershel come in.

"Hey, she's waking up" I say to them as they walk fully in. Meg's eyes open and instead of seeing the Dixon blues I see a foggy blue colour. "No" I whisper shaking her head as these walker eyes look up at me opening and closing her mouth

"NOOOOOO!" I scream at the walker of my baby daughter. "Daryl" Rick shouts dragging me out of the cell and locking the cell door closed. I fall to the floor to see my daughter get up from the bed and walk around the room snarling and biting down on air with her teeth clashing together.

She is looking directly at me with her walker eyes as Rick whispers that she needs to be taken care of

She turns to look at the window before falling the ground. He asks if I want him to do it but I say no, I should do it she's my daughter.

I walk into her cell and aim my gun at her head with my head turned. I can't watch myself do this.

"I love ya Meg, I'm not too far behind ya. Wait for me alight" I say to her as I get ready to pull the trigger when I hear a whisper of daddy.

I look down at Meg to see her eyes clear. The foggy yellow disappearing and the Dixon blue's entering. "Meg" I say looking at her to see her nod her head. I fall to the floor and pick her up and place her on my chest. "I rock from side to side as she giggles and places her head onto my chest and I even let out a deep chuckle at the fact that Meg fought to not to become a walker.