#8

"How is it that's it been nearly 2 years, and still I'm the only shucking girl?" I ask Newt.

Newt and I were leaning against a log that was near the bonfire for the new greenie. Thomas I think is his name. We were talking about anything that popped into our heads and just mucked around.

"I don't even know." Newt giggled. "But I don't really want another girl here."

"Why?" I question.

"Well," He continued, taking a sip of Gally's drink. "you're already enough hard work, so imagine what it would be like having two of you here! It would be a nightmare!"

I shoved him over causing him to spill his drink, and he just lay on the ground laughing hysterically.

"Hey! I am not a nightmare! If anything, I am a unicorn!"

"What the bloody hell is a unicorn?" He asks.

"I don't know, just, something I remember." I answered. I could still hear Newt giggling beside me so I turned to him.

"What?" I smile.

"Nothing. Your just too cute." He grins looking into my eyes. I stare into his and we both stay silent for a while just looking at each other.

When he smiled, I smiled. When I smiled he smiled. When I laughed, he laughed. Then when I pull a weird face he klunked himself laughing.

"Way to ruin the moment." Newt said still laughing.

"What moment?" I ask skeptically.

"The moment where I-" he stopped mid-sentence and looked at the ground, clearly embarrassed.

"You what? What is it Newt?"

"Uh... N- nothing." He nervously scratched the back of his neck.

I shrugged it off even though I knew that it was going to bother me for the rest of the night. I shuffled a little so that it was just my head upon the log.

I closed my eyes and listened to the gladers conversing and laughing, the cool gentle breeze flowing past my body.

I felt a weight on my stomach that made my eyes flutter open. I peered down to see Newt's head resting on top, his eyes filled with wonder as he gazed for patterns in the sky.

For a few minutes it was silent, until Newt spoke up. "Y/N?"

"Yes Newt." I answer playing with his hair.

"I've been wanting to tell you something," he pauses.

"Yeah?" I say for him to continue.

"Well," he sits up and I do the same. He moves next to me and puts an arm around me then lays my head on his shoulder. "I've been wanting to tell you for such a shucking long time... But... Um..." I could sense his nervousness so I snuggled into him.

"Y/N." He says once more.

"Yes?"

----------------------------------------------------

Soooo sorry that I haven't updated in like forever! I've just had a lot going on... Like moving schools and going to FSY (For the Strength of Youth) etc...

I'll try post the second part ASAP!

Love ya

~R