Chapter Twenty-One: This Moment

I didn't open the journal again. Try as I may, my fingers refused to lock themselves on the pages of that book and open it.

Darren had talked me into going back to he clearing and finishing up training. I'd taken a two hour break, so there were only two hours of training left. When we got there I was reminded that Symon was gone, when I looked over and saw a short, red headed Shepard blowing the whistle apposed to my brother.

Elis had the group in a circle and were practising hits and kicks. Star stood behind him, looking up at him with wide eyes copying every move he made. It was almost comical to watch. Any normal day I would have laughed. But I couldn't bring myself to.

Once Star forced his eyes off Elis, and on to Darren's and I's, he ran towards us with a smile on his face.

'Elis said when you came back we could go for a run. I really want to run' He signed happily.

"Sure dude, lets go for a run." Darren replied. Star ran towards a far tree, and tore his clothes off. Darren just shrugged to me and did the same. Soon I followed beside him, folding my clothes on the ground.

Soon the familiar bone crunching began and I, along with half of the pack, were in there wolf form.

I looked towards the tree where Star had ran off to. My jaw almost dropped when I saw him.

He stood there. A medium build wolf, though smaller then the rest due to his age. With white fur coating his legs and belly. But his back and head were a bright gold. His fur reflected the sun, giving it a perfect shimmer.

To say I was gawking at him was an understatement.

"See I told you I was gold" a soft, but boyish voice rang in my head.

That was the first time I'd heard his voice. And by the look on Darren's face. He heard it too.

I could almost swear I saw a glint in his eyes.

But when he turned to look at me it was gone

"You're defiantly a beautiful wolf" I replied, before telling the group around me to start walking towards the woods.

Once my human body was going, I could tell I needed this. I couldn't tell , because of all the emotions inside of me. But once I was phased and in the woods I could feel myself letting go of my problems. Forgetting about the journal, or what tomorrow was. Forgetting that Symon was out there alone.

We ran towards Lake Marshall. But after learning what I had today, I had the group turn east towards the mountains. I couldn't be around that lake. Not yet.

After a short while, Elis took the training group back to the clearing, while Darren, Star and I made our way through the woods.

We finally made it to the spot where I had wanted to stop. It was a beautiful waterfall just behind our hunting grounds. It wasn't a far off the ground waterfall. No. It was low to the ground, fall after fall of light and dark brown rocks waterfall, with stepping stones you had to jump to, and wildlife all around and in it.

At the end of the 'waterfall' the water stilled, and you could see fish swimming through the clear water.

"Wow. This is so cool! What's it called. Does it have a name? Can we call it Star Fall?! Or, or something with Star in it?"

"Sorry Star, it's already called The Dice. No idea why. But it is" I replied as I laid on the dirty ground at the edge of the fall. I watched as the water flowed down towards the stream. I could hear Star ramble off about something.