22|Jumbled up

Nandini's POV

"Harshad is not a good guy. I think you should warn Navya." Manik says after driving in silence for 10 minutes.
"I don't want to know what you think. Besides, you are no one to say that a certain guy is not good. See yourself first." I spit at him.

"I am only warning you, Nandini. I have seen how he looks at girls in college. He is a creep. All he probably wants to do is get in Navya's pants." He says through gritted teeth.

Part of me knows that Manik is actually right. I have never liked Harshad either. But I am not going to tell him that.

"He has been very sweet lately. Now will you shut up?" I snap.

"Fine." He huffs and falls silent after that.

"Don't talk to me in that tone. I am your bloody boss!"

He doesn't say anything.

We reach home and Manik follows me inside. Nyonika and Singhania are in the living room again, sipping tea.

"Come here, Nandini." Nyonika commands as soon as she sees me.

"What?" I mutter, not having energy for any drama.

"We have to attend a fundraiser tonight." She says simply.

"I don't think your 'we' can include me." I roll my eyes at her. I never go to these stupid parties with my stupid 'parents'. All people do at such events is wear truckloads of make up and pretend to like each other when they actually feel like killing one another for having more money or better jewellery.

"Oh yes, it can." Singhania says sternly. "You are coming with us and that's final. No arguments, no tantrums. And the bodyguard is coming too, disguised as your friend from Chicago, of course."

"Who the fuck do you think you are? How dare you order me?" I yell, my anger rising.

"Nandu." Jenny squeals coming down the stairs.

"Good you are here. Get Nandini ready. We will be leaving in an hour and a half." Nyonika says to her and goes to her room. Singhania follows her in like a puppy, smirking at me.

"Nandu!" Jenny comes forward.

"No, Jenny. Not this time."

"Please? It's just one event. I promise I won't force you again."

"Fine." I say after a minute, giving in.

"Good. I am sure the food over there will be good." She winks at me, then turns around to glare at Manik, who is standing at the door.

I quickly get into shower, slip into a sea green, strapless, low cut evening gown and apply little make up. The dress looks really nice. It fits me like a glove and is showing off little bit of my cleavage. Once I am done, I grab my clutch, wear my favourite black pumps and head downstairs.

"You will be driving with your bodyguard in your car so you can come back early if you want to. We are taking ours." Nyonika says as I reach the living room.

"Whatever." I mumble and follow them out. They get into their car and drive away quickly.

Manik is standing next to my car. He is talking over the phone, with his back to me.

"Let's go." I say when I reach him.

He turns around and the look he gives me sends a shiver down my spine. His eyes are glued to me and slowly rake up and down my body. I squirm as his gaze finally fixes on my mouth. He really is drop dead gorgeous. And he doesn't even have to try.