chapter two

"So let me get this straight," Jordan says completely blown away after hearing the whole story about vampire stuff, "You two," she says and points at Damon and Stefan, "are vampire brothers, and Vicky now is a new vampire as well who can't control her emotions and actions yet."

Elena nods while carefully watching Jordan's expression. Elena knows that whatever she will feel, she won't feel utterly shocked. Jordan has always had an open mind about the real and supernatural world, she was just waiting for something to happen to prove her point.

"And tonight is the Halloween party where vampire Vicki will probably be, so we need to look out for Jer. Because if she can't control her emotions, and she definitely feels something for Jer, she can hurt him. Right?"

Elena nods again.

"Okay then, what do we do now?" Jordan asks.

Damon raises his eyebrow at her calm behavior, "What? No questions, no freaking out?"

Jordan smiles at Damon as she answer him, "I've got plenty of questions, but that isn't important right now. What is important is stopping Vicki from hurting my little brother or killing anybody."

That is what Elena envies about Jordan, whatever choice Jordan makes, she will never think about herself in situations like these. It is almost as a sort instinct of her, to first protect the people she loves, then the people who are in danger, and lastly herself. All Elena does is safe herself first, or actually have other people safe her.

"We can't do anything just yet," Stefan says, "Vicki is at the boarding house, and she won't be able to leave due to the sun."

"Why not go to the Grill then? I'm sure you want to see your old friends again," Elena says as she smiles at Jordan.

Jordan claps her hands and nods excitedly, she can't wait to meet her friends. Her best friends, Caroline Forbes and Tyler Lockwood, and her other friends Bonnie Bennett and Matt Donovan. Caroline must be so excited now Jordan is back, she was one of the few who could stand her energetic talking and her addiction for shopping.

"You want to carpool with me and Stefan," Elena offers, on purpose not including Damon. She saw the way he was looking at her sister, and she didn't like it one bit. Jordan can take care of herself, no doubt about it, but Damon is manipulative and if he sets his eye on something, he usually gets it.

Jordan grins while shaking her head no, "Is my baby still in the garage?"

Elena looks at the hope and excitement in Jordan's eyes, "Yes, so I assume you're riding with her. Well, see you at the bar then," And she and Stefan disappear out of the front door.

"Your baby?" Damon questions, although he knows it's probably her car. He just wants to hear her voice. He'd never admit he'd want to, of course.

Without saying anything —much to Damon's despair— Jordan walks out of the door, making it obvious Damon has to follow her if he wants to know.

Walking towards the garage with her denim jacket hung over one shoulder Damon studies the girl once more. Even now, when she knows he is a dangerous vampire, she still carelessly walks and talks with him. She acts with him the way humans interact with each other, and he was glad she did.

When they arrive at the garage, it isn't hard to spot her baby. It's in the back of the garage, but because of the sun illuminating on the pitch black motorcycle, it's hard to miss.

Damon can't say he isn't surprised when he realizes her baby is not a car, but a motorcycle.

"And?" Jordan asks, waiting for the opinion of the man standing behind her.