Chapter Five

I ran my fingers through my hair. This is the first time after two years that I would be entering Astrid's home.

I swallowed nervously, stepping inside after Astrid, who shut the door behind us. She looked around quickly before facing me. "My Uncle and Aunt won't be home for a while. Let's get you settled in."

I hesitated, before hastily following Astrid upstairs to her room. It was pretty much the same as it was two years ago. A double bed in the corner, two desks, one for working on and one with her computer.

A wardrobe and a chest of draws, another door which lead to the bathroom.

"Tidy, as usual," was all I said, getting a punch on the shoulder for it.

"Shut up, Haddock."

I lay down on the bed, throwing my bag on the floor. I covered my face with my hands, groaning. I felt the bed dip as Astrid sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" I pulled my hands away.

"The one time I actually need to talk to my Father, he goes on his stupid business trips. He's going to be gone longer than two months, I'll say that."

I ran my hand over my face. "This day just keeps getting better and better."

"Harry," Astrid said, "why don't you just call him to tell him what happened?"

"Because he won't listen!" I snapped but immediately regretted it as I saw Astrid wince. I sighed heavily. "Fine. But not today. I'll do it tomorrow or something."

Astrid just nodded, getting up and heading to her wardrobe. She opened it, rummaging around for something. Her top had slightly slipped up and exposed some of her stomach. I looked away quickly, my cheeks brightening.

Something hit me in the face. I stared down at my lap to see a pair of sweat pants and a tank top suitable for both genders. This wasn't my exact choice of clothes to sleep in.

I thanked Astrid anyway, placing them beside me. I must admit, I'm kinda glad Astrid asked me if I wanted to stay. Maybe our friendship would be fixed ... hopefully. I didn't particularly want to jinx it.

I stared at the window. Astrid had an amazing view. It was of the countryside and when the sun began to set, the light would loom over the hills and into Astrid's room.

I smiled to myself. I looked back at Astrid who had changed into some joggers and a t-shirt. I missed her, and honestly, I think I had feelings for her. I mean, I think I still do, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ever since she left, I've been confused with myself. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel anymore but I did know this; the feelings for Astrid were still there, and they were getting stronger by the minute.

Her door barged open. "Astrid!" I turned my head to see her brother, Ryan, standing in the doorway. He didn't even notice me as he walked into the room.

"Where's my phone?" Ryan demanded. God, he wasn't very polite, was he. I could just punch him right now.

"I don't know!" Astrid snapped. "I don't care either, now get out of my room!" Ryan huffed, storming out and slamming the door shut.

Astrid groaned irritability. "Sorry about him."

I waved it off. "It's fine, no problem."

"ASTRID!" I heard Ryan yell.

Astrid rolled her eyes and went to see what the problem was.

I took this chance, quickly changing into the clothes Astrid provided me with.