Chapter 24- Love like no other

I open my mouth to scream, and I watch as Roxas backs up to attack - but we both stop when I feel a sharp piece of metal against my neck. My eyes travel down to the double sided knife that he is holding, he presses hard enough to warn me, but not enough to draw blood. I snap my mouth shut and look at Roxas with watery eyes.

"What's your name, boy?" Zach asks, tilting his head to the side with a twisted smile on his face. 

"None of your fuckin' business, get that knife off of my girlfriend's neck!" Roxas screams, I can see the gears in his head turning as he thinks of a way out of this. I trust him, even if I am completely terrified. I bite my lip hard enough to draw blood. 

"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk." Zach pulls the knife away and waves it in the air near my face. "That's not sportsmanship, boy. I want to have a nice conversation, but how can I do that with no name. I'm Zach, this girls uncle."

"You're not my uncle." I say quietly. 

"What?" Zach asks, pulling my hair which makes my head snap back. I let out a cry in pain and look up at Zach with defiant eyes. "Veronica, My love. You're as important to me as no other, but I wasn't talking to you." 

 I whimper as his fingers tighten and he practically drags my body against his, his nose finds its way to the crook of my neck. Goosebumps, fuelled by disgust, break out all over my body. It takes everything inside me to not stomp down on his foot, I know it wouldn't effect him, if anything he would just press the knife harder against me. I'd be the only one in true pain over that situation. Roxas looks at Zach with angry eyes, but they soften as his blue eyes meet mine. 

"Roxas." He forces out, "My name is Roxas." 

"Roxas Rauncher," Zach smirks..I raise and eyebrow, I remember my brother used to call Roxas by that. It used to be his last name, Denton said, but I don't have any idea how Zach knows that.

"Dean." Roxas corrects, his eyes flaming, he looks more angry then I have ever seen him.

"Oh, but it used to be Rauncher, I know that much." Zach loosens his grip on me. "I know all about you, Roxas. I just wanted you to tell me yourself. Don't you think we should let my little Veronica know who you really are? I mean, its obvious that you want to keep it secret, seeing as how you made Denton promise to not tell her about your past. Even had the two of you make up this silly little story about liking the same girl." 

What? My eyes widen and I turn to Roxas, confused. I dont know where Zach is getting the information from, but he knows what both Denton and Roxas told me- if he was right about that...No, I wont believe him. But, what the hell is going on!? 

Zach looks down at me with an evil little smirk, the room is silent and I look back up at Roxas, who looks shocked. 

"Like father, like son. Actor's blood running through your veins, you made it so convincing. She actually fell for it, didn't she? Everything, from the hero bits to the false love." 

"False Love....?" I say quietly, "It's not false."

"Even now !" Zach laughs, "Why dont you put the girl out of her misery and tell her the truth?" 

"What is he talking about?" I ask, confused. At this point, I no longer even notice the knife by my neck...My eyes are on my nervous looking boyfriend, who looks like he was caught red-handed. If he didn't look so guilty, I wouldnt even be paying attention to the stuff Zach is throwing around...but now I'm starting to get nervous. "Our love isn't false, right?"

"No!" Roxas denies, his eyes wide. "I do love you, that's the truth."

"Then what's the lie!?" I say, standing straighter.

I notice Zach lower his knife and loosen his hold on me a little, but he doesn't let go. With my attention on Roxas, he doesn't even have to. I'm not trying to get away- though I know I should be. 

Roxas bites his lip and takes a step forward. "I can explain it all, I will. Let's just-"

He doesn't get to finish, because I get a shock of the knife dragging down my arm and Zach falls to the floor. I turn around quickly and see Denton holding his metal baseball bat above his head and Martin with a sparking Tazer. I didn't even hear them come in, but I guess my attention was focused elsewhere. 

I look at the floor to a convulsing Zach, who is getting over being shocked and whacked. Five seconds later two uniformed police officer's rush in and collect a fighting Zach, bringing him out to the car while reading his rights. 

Denton hugs me, asks if I'm alright, but my eyes are already back on the silent Roxas. My heart hurts as I realize that there was some truth to Zach's words, Roxas is lieing to me, and I'm not going to back down until I find out what those lies are.

Oh my god, guys.. I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging for such a long time. But, I'm back - and I will be completing this story, as well as posting a new story that I have after this one is finished. :3  Give me feedbacks?