chapter twenty seven

// my face when blurry face got over 130K reads...

also chapter 27 already wow where'd my life go? //

dan

Dan knows he loves Phil, but he can't help thinking of the future.

Will he still love Phil in a year? In ten? In a hundred? What will happen if Phil leaves him again, pulls another stunt, breaks Dan apart again?

"What are you thinking about Danny?" Phil asks, shaking his hands around Dan's waist, making Dan blush deeply.

"Oh, n-nothing," Dan says, turning his head towards Phil to be met by Phil's lips on top of his.

"I can't believe I'm leaving for university soon," Phil says, grumbling, "why did I pick the one three hours away from you?"

"Because you wanted to avoid me you idiot," Dan says with a light laugh, "at least it's only three hours. You can visit me."

"Still, I'll miss you," Phil says with a pout.

"Not as much as I'll miss you," Dan says.

"That's highly debatable Howell," Phil says with a raised eyebrow, "I don't think you'll even be able to comprehend how much I'll miss you."

"You're such a dork," Dan says with a laugh.

"I am," Phil says, smiling and jumping into his bed, "but I'm a proud dork."

Dan smiles and laughs at Phil, but part of him does worry. He knows Phil won't be able to come back every weekend. Phil will have university, assignments, and he'll be far away from Dan. He could do anything and Dan wouldn't even know.

What if he cheats? Dan's mind asks, making Dan wince.

He wouldn't, Dan trusts Phil. After all they've been through, Phil would never do that to him.

Your parents did, what's stopping him? Dan's mind asks, and Dan wishes he could literally rip his subconscious thoughts out of his brain and stomp on them.

He can't though, unfortunately.

Dan sighs, looking across at Phil sprawled out on his bed, his phone out and he's scrolling through tumblr. Dan smiles softly. He only has a short time left with Phil always around, so he's just going to enjoy it.

Live in the now, worry about the future later.

But Dan knows he can't push his thoughts aside for long. The harsh reality is that Phil will leave in a week, and he'll be at university for at least three years. Dan may not go to a university near Phil, so what then?

"What's wrong Dan?" Phil asks with a frown as Dan sits next to him on his bed.

"Nothing," Dan says, plastering a smile on his face as he looks across at Phil, "I'm just glad to be with you right now."

"Me too," Phil says with a smile, leaning forward and kissing Dan softly, "I'm so glad that we're finally together."

But together for how long until the distance rips them apart? Dan pushes the thought aside.