15. Finally

Sherlock texted John ten minutes ago. Still, John didn't appear onto the rooftop. Sherlock felt anxious. His breathing noisy and frantic as he raised his hands to his head in panic, pacing the rooftop. Nervous tension running through his veins. He was about to confess his feelings to John.

The thing is. Sherlock never did this before. He already kissed someone. But that was just an experiment. No feelings were involved, he wouldn't mind if someone rejected him then. When he turned 16, he got himself intoxicated, he went to a pub at midnight. Kissed strangers. It was all part of an experiment.

Sherlock was afraid of being rejected, and making things awkward between them. Sherlock plunked himself down, leaning with his back against the wall. His face covered with his hands. He sighed. Not knowing how to tell John. He's afraid of losing the best thing he had on the whole planet. Yet he takes a risk to lose it.

John stormed breathlessly on the rooftop. Surely he had been running. His face directly searching for his friend and immediately his eyes fell on a sitting Sherlock. John frowned, staring at Sherlock with confusing.

"Sherlock?" He asked breathlessly as he walked over to him.

Sherlock froze. Oh no. He thought. John was standing in front of him, getting slightly worried as he glared at his friend.

"Hey, Sherlock? Are you okay?"

Sherlock looked up. "Yeah." His mouth felt dry.

"Did you cry?" John asked gingerly.

"No." He said curtly.

"Yes you have." He sighed. "You've texted me to come, what's wrong Sherlock. You're scaring me."

John looked at him for a moment, and as Sherlock ignored him. He sighed, squatting down in front of him, placing his hand on Sherlock's knee. Showing him he's there for him. Sherlock, caught John's eyes for a moment, found himself blushing faintly, feeling his heartbeat accelerate. He returned staring at his own legs. Swallowing.

"Sherlock what's going on?" John asked. Sherlock knew this was going to be hard to tell John about his feelings. But Jesus. He didn't know he would sit here wordless, not knowing what to say. John at the other hand, had no idea what that was going on in Sherlock's mind right now. John was trying hard not to stare at Sherlock's lips. They're so close. Touching those lips would be so easy now. But hey, Sherlock needed his friend now. Not a slobbering puppy.

"Sherlock!"

Sherlock sighed heavily. "John. I ne - need to ask you something." He stuttered.

"Go on." John said calmly. Squeezing Sherlock's knee, not aware he did so. Sherlock sat up more straight. His body trembled and of course the doctor noticed his trembling body and his weird behaviour.

"God, Sherlock." John said as he laid his hand on Sherlock's forehead. Being sure his friend had no fever, or something else. Sherlock sighed, rolling his eyes.

"John, I'm not sick." He mumbled, pushing John's hand away.

"Then what is It Sherlock?"

Sherlock took a deep breath, their eyes met for a moment. Okay, here we go - wait. He thought. He grabbed John wrist, measuring his heart rate. John frowned.

"What are you doing?" John asked, pulling away his arm, blushing. Sherlock looked up, narrowing his eyes. Sneaking a tiny smile as he saw John's eyes dilate.

"Being sure, you're not getting sick as well" He lied. "John, I need to ask, what's happening?" He added.

"Sorry?"

"I need to ask." Sherlock started again. John nodded.

"Are you..." He swallowed. "Are you Gay?"

"What? – why do you think I'm gay - of course not." John stammered, laughing nervously.

"Okay." Sherlock responded coldly, standing up.

John froze, looking at Sherlock as he walked away. He shook his head, thinking. Sherlock just asked him if he was gay. Why would he ask that? John saw a sign of disappointment into Sherlock's eyes, as he said he isn't gay. Sherlock took his pulse? Why? John's heart was beating so frantically, he thought it might burst out of his chest at any second. Is this what he thinks he is thinking?

John shook his head, looking over at Sherlock, who is now opening the door. "Since I met you." John said quietly.

"What?" Sherlock asked startled, turning around to meet John's eyes.

"You've heard me." John pointed out, smiling with flushed cheeks.

Both boys were standing paces away. "Repeat." Sherlock demanded.

"Sherlock." John sighed.

"For in case I misheard."

John chuckled, standing up. "Yes, I'm gay. I never thought I would say this, but yes I am gay. You've made me fall in love with you, Sherlock." John took one step closer.

There was a silence. Sherlock frowned. "John, did someone paid you...? For saying these words...?"

"For god's sake Sherlock!" John said brusquely as he walked over to Sherlock.

"I am right?"

John pushed Sherlock against the wall, and smirked. "Shut up." He hissed and closed the space between them. Their lips met. First, the softness of John's lips, which were moist, and sweet, like a really delicious dessert. Sherlock nibbled on them with his teeth, tasting sweetness and tea and meat with carrots. So, John had been eating meat with carrots then... John made a slight, contained moan as Sherlock pulled him closer, his arms held John even tighter.

Sherlock never imagined it would feel like this being kissed, he feels weird and different. It's all a new sensation to him, his heart thumps a lot and he feels hot. This is so different than kissing strangers.

John's moved his hand to his neck and up to his hair. Both boys their lips parted. And john his tongue valiantly entered his friend's mouth, exploring, involved in warmth. Their tongues met and rolled against each other's, caressing. Sherlock moaned, what made John chuckle through the kiss.

Sadly, humans need air. John pulled back, their noses still touching. He smiled, and Sherlock returned the smile. Sherlock pulled John closer and embraced his little doctor. John snuggled his head on Sherlock's chest, searching for his hands. As he found them, he slid his fingers through Sherlock's.

Both boys standing there, enjoying their warmth for a while before they return to their class.

____
Yaaay! :')