Chapter Eleven- Mall cops

I woke to an ear-piercing scream coming through the floor. "HOLY SHIT! I DIDN'T THINK IT HURT THAT MUCH!"

I rolled over and looked at the clock.

12:45 P.M.

Okay, maybe I should have gone to bed a little earlier last night. I swung my feet out of my bed trying to figure my week out. Today is Thursday, so I have a few days of break left and my mom will be leaving soon. I have to talk to my dance teacher about the solo, and something else in my thoughts is there but I can't put my finger on it. That's when another scream came from downstairs. I probably should go down and babysit them so they don't burn down the house before Zack even gets close to his party.

As I head down the stairs I hear the laughter of the guys and of Kat. I turn the corner to see Aaron twisting Dan's nipple, while everyone watches them and the clock. After about 3 seconds he screams and begins to yell at Aaron for cheating. I pause and just stare at them for a minute.

I'm going to let Kat handle this one.

I make it past the commotion as fast as possible, and into the kitchen.  My stomach has no intentions of letting me forget that I didn't eat any breakfast or lunch for that matter. This means I'll have to eat before finishing my book marathon.  Books are like my own form of the drug, they make me forget any problems in my way, but sadly they are just as addicting. And on a note I really need to find out about my poor, poor Kelly!  Just as I was spreading peanut butter for my sandwich ANOTHER screech made me drop my knife, causing me to do the don't-let-the-knife-stab-my-toe dance.  Kat is obviously not handling this very well.  I sigh as I finish my sandwich (which has substantially less peanut butter then I wanted), grab my book, and head into the living room.

The sight that I see is something.  My brother is being held down without a shirt by dan while Aaron stands in front of him, with Kat watching the clock.

"You know I don't know if I really want to..." Zack started at the same time Kat yelled, "GO!"

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5..." Kat counted. I watched my brothers face as he tried not to cry out, it was hilarious, to say the least.

"AHH! OK! STOP I'm done!"

I just stood there for a second before making eye connect with Kat, who was looking at me like I had just saved her from the titanic.

Kat jumped out of her seat, "Aaron's timing now, see ya guys!" She smiled at me and followed me upstairs.  The minute we got into my room Kat collapsed on my bed, "Sweet Freedom"

I flopped down next to her and start eating my sandwich when I saw my phone... I was starting to get a weird sense of Deja-vu.

"Kat.. did you call me this morning?" I ask while I go through my phone.

She grabs my sandwich and takes a bit, "Ya why?"

I look at her carefully, she's hiding something. "What exactly did we talk about this morning?"

She smirked and shrugged, "Just planning about us going to the dance."

"No Kat, I'm not going. You took advantage of my sleep drunkenness, so it doesn't count."

"It definitely counts. You even said I could make you do anything if you go back on your word." She countered crossing her arms.

I sighed, "Okay fine what would that be?"

"Go to the dance."

I groaned and laid down face first on my bed making noises of frustration. Kat rubbed my bed and said, "I know, let it out. Life just isn't fair." I could tell she was smiling. I need to make more friends.