Headcanon: Will

Will never really came over Alyss' death. After Maddie has become his apprentice he's not that depressive anymore, but he's still sad of course. Very sad. 

Every year, in the week she had died, Will disappears a few days. He is then in the forest, and is still doing his job as Ranger, but without anyone noticing or seeing him. The first time his friends searched for him, but later they saw a relationship between his disappearing and the moment of it. In that week, they leave him alone. They know they cannot do anything for him.

Because how well and how much they try, his friends cannot really help Will. Halt can't, Pauline can't, Cassandra can't, Horace can't, Gilan can't, Jenny can't, Maddie can't no one can. 

Alyss slowly starts to disappear from their lives, but not in the negative way. In the positive way. She is still being missed a lot, of course, but everyone has been able to give it a place in their hearts, even Will.

But still. Every year, in the same week, Will disappears to the forest. He keeps doing this, year after year, every time to the same place; the place where he and Alyss had been married. He doesn't marry or fall in love again; Alyss was and is the love of his life. His life-long friend. His everything.

>>>---------->

Okay, I admit it; I had to cry. But not only because this is so sad, but also because I'm little weak for these kind of things these days. The dad of a (primary)school friend died last week and the funeral is tomorrow.

But about this headcanon: I think it's sad. Poor Will D:

And I don't know how you guys think about book 12 (please let me know), but it's one of my favorites. Yes, I think it's horrible that Alyss has died, but it is such a beautiful book. Will always is the hero and saves everyone, but this time he has to be saved. From something worse than death... The Royal Ranger is just an amazing, beautiful book, and a good end of something even more amazing and pretty...