Chapter 33: Throne Of Lies

The party went on for quite some time after that moment. People danced and cheered,  Rose did catch up with Harry for a few moments before he was swept back into the crowd of admiring fans. She would have to make fun of him later for that.

Rose did spend most of the party with the twins and their friend Lee Jordan. They mostly talked to Rose and she would smile of nod, but mostly just laugh because they were really funny. Then the food and butter beer ran out and the older kids deemed the party dead around dinner.

They all walked down to dinner together and Ron and Hermione had finally stopped being so weird. They talked and admired Harry, mostly to make fun of him. Rose could always think of the best zingers, but alas most went unsaid. But it was still fun. When they got upstairs Rose got ready to go see Sev. She had wrote out a note a while ago but it was taking all of her courage not to rip it up and bail.

When she got down to the potion room Sev was waiting for her at his desk. After the usual stuff she handed Sev the note. She remembered almost the whole thing, she had wrote it and rewrote it multiple times, she really didn't want to call him out on anything...

Hello, it's me. So I'm good, school is going well, but I'm sure you know that. Friends are great. I'm starting to feel at home in Gryffindor though it is weird to be surrounded by Red and Gold and not Green and Silver... so yea. Also I wanted to ask about your leg? I could obviously see something had happened to it and I was just wondering what. You don't have to hide it from me, since I think you are from everyone else, or else it would be better by now. Any ways... yea. Love you.

Sev didn't seem mad or angry. He just sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "You where always very smart. You could have been a Ravenclaw if you wanted to. Yes I hurt my leg. I am keeping it a secret for now. Only Dumbledore and I can know. Trust me if I could I would tell you but your own safety I'm gonna have to keep that secret. But it's nothing bad okay?"He said holding Rose's shoulders.

Rose hugged him and let out the breath she knew she was holding. "But there is something I would like to ask you about." He said with a serious look. "Today at the game where Slytherin unfortunately lost, some one lit me on fire." Sev whispered with a pointed look. Rose looked back at him in shock. She had not known that!

"I know it was a student because while I was lying on the floor trying to put out the fire I saw a small robed figure running away. Now I don't know who did that, but I know a lot of children don't exactly like me so if you hear who, please tell me." He said with a kind smile.

Then he bent down and hugged Rose. They said their farewells and Rose started her long journey back up to her common room, feeling more confused than ever. Because she knew who set Sev on fire. It was Hermione and Ron.