2

T W O

Stepping out onto the stage, I was nearly blinded by the harsh glare of the lights above. Cursing as I stumbled over my own two feet and into the middle of the floor. Holding my hand up to shield my eyes from the light, I looked over the crowd. There were nearly hundreds of piercing eyes staring back at me. Eyes of pure amber, silver, or just plain black orbs. Their analyzing gazes penetrating me like a knife to a gut. Stalking me down like a predator would while hunting it's prey.

I was nervous and slightly scared. That was evident. From my frail trembling hands, to the fresh layer of sweat that peppered the top of my forehead.

"This... ladies and gentlemen... is the beautiful Ellanore Nelson. Braced with a rare AB- blood type." Knocking his gavel upon the podium as everyone erupted into a round of whispers and gasps, Mr. Gathoways (A middle-aged man that ran this whole establishment) smiled. "Since it's rare to come upon this, I've decided to bump up the starting price." He nearly chirped while saying this. His eyes feeling with hunger and greed.

From then on out, he began to yell off a list of prices. The expense only seeming to get insanely higher then the last as people fought and pushed to gain the win. As the biding went from hundreds, thousands, to millions; I could see that some were slowly losing hope. For they didn't want to spend such a high expense on one small... me.

Usually at times like this Mr. Gathoways would call off the biding and place me back into the holding cells till the next auction. And as time continued to roll on by... I was slowly hoping that he'd do just that. Yet as always, luck never seemed to be in my favor. For someone in the crowd stated a wealthy price that overpowered them all. His sleek voice ringing through the silence of the air as everyone became eerily silent.

Hell, even I stopped breathing.

"Wha-..." Clearing his throat, Mr. Gathoways looked to the new on comer. "What?" He then questioned. As if he didn't catch what the man had said the first time.

"$200,000." His answer was brief and curt. Full of confidence and power.

I could nearly see Mr. Gathoways drooling as he pronounced how much he was willing to propose. $200,000 was an insanely large amount of money, and by the shocked faces throughout the entire room; I could tell that this may have been the first time that some on has ever offered such an amount. I was even appealed myself.

I mean the fact that auctions such as this one were even held... Baffled me... But the fact that someone would go out of their way too pay so much for a person... Was just downright insane. None of this made any actual sense.

As if reaching his breaking point, Mr. Gathoways slammed his gavel onto the surface of the podium. The sudden sound making me jump back in surprise. "Sold." He countered with no hesitation.

After accepting the highest bid of them all, it was as if everything from that point on just happened to go by in one huge blur. Before I knew it, I found myself being ushered off of the stage by one of the guards. Who then proceeded to slap a monitoring bracelet onto my ankle before guiding me off towards my new found owner. He stood with what seemed to be a genuine grin etched across his face. Securely holding a stack of papers in the grasp of his hand.

He was a fine man. I'm guessing in his late thirties, though with the aging process of a vampire; there was a possibility that he was far much older then that. His hair was as black as a raven, sleeked to the finest perfection. Not a strand out of place. Eyes resembling that of a full moon. Bright and mysterious. With his jawline peppered with light stubble he seemed a little rugged, but sharp none the less. He seemed to be a business man of some sort. From the slick suit that clung to his body, too the Bluetooth that hung in the depths of his ear. I could tell that this man had to hold some type of power or connections.