Chapter 12 - hiraeth

Taylor's POV (past)

My heart felt numb. I had on a black lace dress as I plastered a small smile while greeting guests. A sea of people dressed in black were murmuring filing the air with solemn chatters. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss." A woman adored by an elaborate black hat said with an extravagant smile upon her perfect matte lips. 

Huh. That's funny. I almost believe you. 

"Thank you." I smiled.

Among the blanket of people in dark robes, the one person I actually wanted to hear from was here. Like a beacon of hope that shown in heavy seas. I guess it really does all come down to who you look for in a crowded room. I'll always look for his perfect chiseled face. 

"B!" I threw my arms over his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

I  held on to him a little longer, letting my cold face snuggle in the crook of his warm neck. His warmth was radiating off of him and frankly, that was really all I needed for now. 

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better Tay-belle?" He asked genuinely, his voice muffled through my hair. 

"Some closure would be nice." I croaked, my throat dry from all the crying. 

No one knew how Travis died, it was a mystery and the police was investigating it but in my opinion, they're just saying that as consolation. His body was found in an alley in New York, surrounded by blood and a dagger was found protruding from his stomach. A simple kill. He died a quick death, as far as I'm concerned, I'm using that as consolation too. 

He looked at me sadly, sincerely not knowing what else to do. 

"It's okay Brad, you being here cheered me up enough." I convinced, forcing a small smile.

"I know you're not okay. But I can't expect you to be. Just know I'm here if you need someone to talk to. You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it." He recited with an adorable smile plastered across his face. 

I chuckled slightly, what can I say, his smile was contagious. 

"Thanks for googling quotes Brad." I laughed, joining the solemn crowd in the church. 

Note: This is a filler chapter that isn't in chronological order. It's basically just snips of the previous chapters in Brad's POV. The chapter explaining what happens after the kidnapping would come soon. Haha. Thank you all so much for the reads, comments and votes! Thanks to you guys, I reached 1k reads. Small stepping stone but it's a huge achievement for me and it's all because of you lovely people. Thank you so much! Hope you enjoy! <3

Brad's POV

Seeing her walking in that hallway.

She looked different than before. Prettier, sassier, happier.

Look at her. 

Was she always that beautiful?

I remember her eyes, they shone like the night sky. Circular black orbs with billions of stars blinking back.

She wore her hair curled now. I prefer it straight.

But who am I to say? 

Who does she hang out with?

Who's this Ashlynn girl.

Huh, okay, she went to a good school, her parents are nice people. Safe.