11

As promised this story started up again.

The day after Peggy and I were reassigned to England.

I made sure to say my goodbyes to Steve before leaving.
-
I was now boarding the ship that would take Colonel Philips, Peggy and I to England.

I sat down and pulled out the letter I received earlier this morning from Bucky.

'Hey doll how are things since I left? Did ya pick out someone to be a super soldier yet? Before you ask things are alright here, I got a few more weeks of training left. The foods alright but it's lonely here without you here doll.

I always have a picture of you with me so it makes it bearable. I really miss you doll, even if it hasn't been that long but still. Just know that I love you Brianna Andrews. And to think when I come back you'll be the future Mrs. Brianna Barnes.

Now I gotta go doll, just know that I love you and to not worry about me.'

~ Bucky Barnes

I smiled at his letter and sighed.

"Is everything all right?" Peggy asked. I nodded.

"Of course." I told her. She eyed me for a moment before leaving it be.

-
November 1943

It's been months since I've last seen Steve. I receive a letter every now and then from him. But I haven't heard from Bucky in a while.  I'm starting to get worried.

I lightly gripped the last letter I received from him in my pocket. I pulled it out and unfolded it.

Hi Doll, I'm sorry this is short but I don't got a lot of time. I'll be honest with you, it ain't easy here. But it'll be worth it in the end. I always have a picture of you in my pocket and just seeing just a glimpse of ya gives me hope and strength to fight. I love you, always have, always will. Don't worry about me too much,

With all his love,
Bucky Barnes

I quickly folded it back up as Peggy walked over with a clipboard. She had a solemn expression on her face.

"Brianna may I have a word with you privately?" She asked. I nodded as I put the letter back in my pocket. I followed her to our barracks. I sat down on my cot.

"What is it Peg?" She sat next to me. She looked at me sadly. I felt my stomach drop. "Peggy your scaring me what's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm not absolutely certain yet but in Italy we had soldiers captured, many of them were from the 107th." She told me calmly.

I felt my heart drop. I gripped on to my skirt tightly balling them into fist.

I shook my head.

I stood up and left the barracks and over to the tents where they write letters to the families who lost someone in the war.

"Colonel Philips." I said gaining his attention.

"What can I do for you Agent Andrews?" He asked.

"I've been recently informed that we had soldiers captured in Italy, I need to know specifically which soldiers from the 107th who went MIA." I told him.

"That's a lot agent." He said.

"I don't care I need to know." I told him growing frustrated. He sighed.

"I'm sorry but I-" I cut him off.

"Fine but can you at least tell me about Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes part of the 107th from what I am told he was stationed on Italy."

"The name does sound familiar, I'm sorry." I turned around and left the tent as I heard light thunder in the distance.

______________
Vote/Comment