29. The Choice Is Yours.

( Katrina is played by Aishwarya Rai Bachan. One of my favorite bollywood actress ;) Pic on the side.

________________________________________

"This ain't the right time for you to fall in love with me,

But baby I'm just being honest

And I know my lies could not make you believe

Running in circles that's why.. "

-Dark times by The Weeknd.

________________________________________

The King's bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

"Katrina?"

The shock Damien was feeling was clearly radiating off the one word he said, or rather one name. His surprised look soon reflected on my face as I stood next go him, looking at the girl in the doorway.

I noticed Damien had tucked away his wings as quickly as possible, making me feel glad for some reason. He had showed me something he keeps hidden from the world, I couldn't feel any more happier. For once in my life I felt special. I felt special because it seemed like he had shared an important part of himself with me.

But that thought soon evaporated from my mind as I took in what he said.

Katrina?

Katrina.

It didn't take me very long to process her name. It was as familiar as the back of my hand. It was the name I haven't heard many times before, but the few times I did, I had felt like it held such a meaningful emotion as it rolled off his tongue like he had said it a million times before.

He had said it while he was drunk. He was thinking about her when I took care of him. He was so used to her affection that the first time I showed him some, it was her who crossed his mind.

I remembered the picture that dropped from his closet drawer as I took out the diary to stack it neatly with other piles of paper in the drawer. It was because of that picture he yelled at me for going through his stuff. The image of him holding it as hundreds of different emotions flashed on his face was still fresh in my mind.

But that picture had turned into reality as I watched the girl step into the room, walking a little closer to him. Her steps were hesitant, almost shaking. Her hands grabbed a hold of her long dress, lifting it up a bit so it was easier to walk without stepping on it. Her eyes took all the time in the world to take in Damien's form. The blue eyes were filled with unshed tears and strong emotions that almost made my knees quiver. She looked at his face, taking in all his facial features as if trying to mentally take a picture of him. The fact that he was shirtless was soon noticed by her and for the first time, a small hint of a smile was visible on her lips.

Averting my eyes away from her, I turned to look at Damien wondering why he's just standing there like a statue, allowing her to memorize every inch of his body.

But then I realized the look on Katrina's face was reflecting on his. The way he looked at her made me take a step back, away from him. His golden eyes were taking her in as well, they held admiration that has never been there before. The Golden pools were swirling with some other mixed emotions, longingness, sorrow, suspicious, hurt. Behind all the negatives feelings, there was something else there. Something that made me want to run far away from him like never before. Something that made me want to crawl under a hole and die. Behind the hurt radiating off him, love and hope were clearly showing in his eyes.