Chapter 12

My mom just arrived here. She seemed.. Calm. Too calm. It kind of scared me, and Bex seemed scared too. But she smiled, hugged Mel and her mother, hugged me and kissed my head, told me she was glad I was safe. Then she walked to Bex. "I'll act civil now, but once we get home we'll have a serious talk" she says. This was really serious. well, I can't blame her. Bex did sort of abduct me to Germany without her permission. About 2 days later, I went back home with Bex and mom. We talked with Mel and her mom a lot, about lots of things. I felt at home when I was there. Everyone was so nice.

Once we arrived home I went upstairs to take a shower. Once I finished my shower I went back downstairs, to hear my mom yelling at Bex.. And crying. I decided to listen to what she way saying. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! WE LOST HER SO MANY YEARS AGO, WE FINALLY GOT HER BACK AND THEN YOU DO THIS?! ARE YOU INSANE?! WE THOUGHT HER PARENTS TOOK HER BACK AGAIN!" My mom says. She was sobbing now. I waited for another while, but all I could hear was my mom sobbing. When I walked into the living room I saw my mom, who looked.. Broken. She was sobbing, and my dad and Bex were comforting her. I felt terrible, and guilty. I know it wasn't my fault that I was taken away from my parents, but I still I felt guilty. I walk to my mom and hug her in an attempt to comfort her. A few minutes later my mom fell asleep, tired from crying and worrying about me. Her head was on Bex's lap. My dad got up to go check on my brothers. They heard the argument for sure. He wanted to make sure they were okay. I saw Bex was crying while stroking my mom's hair and I laid my head on her shoulder. She smiled a little and kissed my head softly.

This has showed me that my mom and Bex really are the greatest of friends...