#45 The Scorch ( Part 1 )

"its so hot" You said panting and wiping the shiny sweat off of your forehead. 

"We'll stop soon..." Newt said nodding and taking a small sip from his water bottle.

"as soon as we find shelter.." Thomas sighed deeply. 

Minho took his last sip of water and only a drop came out, an angered expression came across his face and he tossed his water bottle into the distance. 

"This heat is a killer.." Frypan said, still trenching his way through the sand.

You stopped quickly to wrap a scarf around your head, making it somewhat like a hat, shielding the sun from your skin.  

"You gonna be okay?" Newt gently grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. You see, you and Newt weren't dating. But you wished you were, you had liked Newt ever since you came up in the box. He would always do things like touch your leg and hold your hand but nothing serious.

"I'll be alright" You say quietly and pant slightly as you walk uphill.

After another hour or so, the sky became dark and you all hadn't found shelter yet. So you all dropped your bags onto the ground and slept there. Newt had gave you his bag so you could lay your head on it to sleep. Newt laid beside you and used his arm as a pillow.  

You werent able to sleep and you stared at the starts, trying to find several patterns in the sky. 

"cant sleep?"

You looked beside you and saw Newt staring at you, his eyes squinted slightly. "no.. you?" you responded, smiling a slight bit.

He just shook his head and moved a little closer to you. He hugged you slightly and pulled you closer to him, his head was leveled with your stomach and you played with his hair. "we'll get there soon.." He said mumbling into your stomach.

You eventually slipped into a peaceful sleeping state and you had slept for probably 3 hours when you were awaken by thomas. 

"get up!! look!!" He said pointing to a bunch of lights at the base of the mountain.

"the right arm.." You said quickly getting up. Newt was already up and he picked up the backpack you had been sleeping on and threw it on his back.

There was a loud streak of electricity behind you and all of you turned around to face a giant, black cloud with lightning striking the ground. 

That storm was moving and it was moving fast.

___________

I know i said i wouldnt post but i was bored so here you go

part 2??

Comment, Vote and follow mee!